Discuss Pricing larger new build in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Very good point Pete

I try to do the most detailed estimate possible even if it takes 3 or 4 hours , at least the customer knows exactly what they are paying for

I am very sceptical of teeth sucking estimates where a sparks doesn’t even spend 5 mins at the site and plucks a random figure out the air

I just can’t work this way and if I were the customer I would want a proper estimate breakdown

Ive just priced a 5 bed house 2 bathrooms, no pool.

Basic install onependant per room, basic number of sockets, gas cooker, mixer shower, nice and easy. £6500.

I spent 2 hours with client at address going over specs and 4 hours writing up quote.

He got a bit of a shock at price and was quoted less, but went with me because the other spark spent 15 minutes looking around and sent an undetailed quote with a price.
I just did a 3-bed cottage (single storey), all white plastic and no downlights for 6,200 Euro (although bear in mind the cable is substantially more expensive for Irish T&E).

With most sparks i speak to in recent years an absolute box standard 3 bed new build is coming out at about £6k all in

I no longer do housing estate new builds but it sounds about correct ??

With most sparks i speak to in recent years an absolute box standard 3 bed new build is coming out at about £6k all in

I no longer do housing estate new builds but it sounds about correct ??
Don't do that work either but know others who do....

Maybe for high end private builders....Not for nationals.....no way. 1 day first fix ,1 day 2nd fix and...ahem...."test"
It was 3k not very long ago.

Look at a Clarkson Evans site lol, you wouldn't want to pay more than 3k either haha

6200 euro, what's that in £?
Depends which minute you check. The value in Sterling was constantly increasing during the meeting of the 27 remaining countries in the EU about the first extension until an agreement was announced.

Currently it's worth approximately Stg £5,363.67

I avoid changing currencies as much as possible. I have both Sterling and Euro accounts.

I just did a 3-bed cottage (single storey), all white plastic and no downlights for 6,200 Euro (although bear in mind the cable is substantially more expensive for Irish T&E).

Yeah, I remember reading about that. Fairly recent amendment I believe. You can't use a T&E with an unsheathed or reduced sized cpc in Ireland. Cpc has to be same size as live conductors and be insulated.

Yeah, I remember reading about that. Fairly recent amendment I believe. You can't use a T&E with an unsheathed or reduced sized cpc in Ireland. Cpc has to be same size as live conductors and be insulated.
5th September 2017 was the implementation date for the new cable.

Reply to Pricing larger new build in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock