Discuss Pyronix door sensor help in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

DannyD

-
Reaction score
Hi guys, hoping for a bit of help. I just installed a Pyronix Enforcer 10 alarm system. I've installed a contact sensor on the front door. I thought I had configured it correctly: the panel has learned it and then I've set it to '7' i.e., "last exit". Problem is that it works fine on exit, but on entry it does nothing. I want it to trigger the alarm (on a timer to enable unset) - but it does nothing. I'm sure it's all in the settings but could anyone help? Many thanks for any help. Danny

Hi Buzz Lightyear, thanks for the reply. The only problem is that I'm too much of an ignoramus to understand it! Would you mind breaking it down for me a bit more? Yours, Woody (from Toy Story, not the other sort)

Hi Buzz Lightyear, thanks for the reply. The only problem is that I'm too much of an ignoramus to understand it! Would you mind breaking it down for me a bit more? Yours, Woody (from Toy Story, not the other sort)
zone one is for entry and exiting the building the rest are programable zones if you read the installation manual its self explain.

Any zone can be used for final exit.

I would suggest looking at the zone in the diagnostics menu and ensuring it is showing open and closed. You should also get the 3 lights show on the contact when it detects the door being opened.

Any zone can be used for final exit
the only thing about that some customer s can not remember today never about tomorrow, say put on zone 4 on e/e and the alarm is triggered then when they look at the panel they get confused always zone 1 for me .

Thanks for the replies. I admit I'm still not sure what setting to change and what to change it to. If anyone could explain it step by step i'd be very grateful. I've read all the manuals it came with cover to cover. They don't really speak in zones except for the zone expansion feature. I've programmed the panel as follow: 'A': all motion detectors and the front door detector. 'B': all motion detectors (except for the upstairs ones) and the front door detector. The front door detector is set to '7' "final exit".

What areas are you setting? If you have put the door contact on A only but setting B then it wouldn't work. Door contact should be on Final Exit AB and maybe CD you also have 01 aswell. Over then that walk test the zone, check when you open the door you are getting Open and Closed on the panel, if all that works, delete zone and reinstall again

if you are struggling with it dont you ring up the pyronix and they will
go through I with you or give you a installers number .

Thanks all. I reinstalled the door contact and now it works. But there is a new problem. The arming station by the door sets and unsets the alarm fine, except if you trigger the timer by opening the front door. And in that case it does nothing and I have to unset the alarm using my phone. Weird. Any ideas? Many thanks

Thanks for all the help guys. All sorted now. I called technical and they helped me out. Basically buried in the 'site options' menu there is a 'restrict pin use' option which for some reason is set to yes. Set that to 'no' and it works a dream. Happy days!

Reply to Pyronix door sensor help in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock