Discuss Recommendations for a wall chaser and other tools for rewire. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Another question about wall chasers... They seem to cut a maximum channel width of about 37mm. A piece of standard size capping is 47mm wide. Do you just cut another chase, half over the first one?
Oval conduit is your friend! Often if you can get the right size stuff you won't need nails to hold it in place. It really makes a huge difference.

Attachments

• IMG_20200828_105512.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 33
I normally use 25mm oval and it fits in the chase very snugly. Looks much more professional imo than bashing 7 bells out of the wall with the sds chisel.

I’ve actually been using my Metabo with an old Henry with fairly good results surprisingly. He’s nearly gone to meet his maker now though so I’ll be upgrading to a proper dust extraction unit soon

I normaly give the persons who's house I work in a mask and a hammer and chisel, go on then start knocking it off then. I sit in the chair
What the bar stools work while sit in their chairs drinking a beer and watch a dust bowl. Lol. Or use a angle grinder shouting isn't dusty in hear.

I have the Titan wall chaser in the garage and with 2 blades does just as good a job, there is currently loads of dust guards/shrouds being advertised online for disc cutters which when conencted to a dust vacuum would do a good enough job.
I am soon to order the Metabo with the 3 blade attachment as I got 2 rewires in the new year where it will be very useful. that said getting hold of the triple blade is hard at moment as there is a shortage it seems.
A company called Rhodius do make a triple blade for chasers, there used to be a list of compatible chasers etc but from what i have been told if you have a nice powerful motor in the chaser then the rhodius blade will fit most and do what you need without any difficulty cutting the wall.

I have the Titan wall chaser in the garage and with 2 blades does just as good a job, there is currently loads of dust guards/shrouds being advertised online for disc cutters which when conencted to a dust vacuum would do a good enough job.
I am soon to order the Metabo with the 3 blade attachment as I got 2 rewires in the new year where it will be very useful. that said getting hold of the triple blade is hard at moment as there is a shortage it seems.
A company called Rhodius do make a triple blade for chasers, there used to be a list of compatible chasers etc but from what i have been told if you have a nice powerful motor in the chaser then the rhodius blade will fit most and do what you need without any difficulty cutting the wall.

This is the Rhodius blade for chasing and removing material. Four blades and cuts roughly a 30mm channel.

Interesting product, but google hasn't found me a UK stockist (yet).

Last edited:
I've literally just got one off amazon. (125mm disc)

Just found the LD403 on Amazon, which I think is the blade initially referred to.

Strangely I didn't find that on the Rhodius website, but instead found the 4 blade LD404 that I'd linked and can not find available for sale in the UK.

For anyone interested this is the Amazon link to LD403

Just finishing up the rewire.
Metabo mfe40 with triple blade... bought!
Armeg box sinking complete set... bought!
Pity I didn't buy them before the rewire!
Cheers for the recommendations guys?

Ive not read all the replies so may be repeating someone else here, my chasing kit consists of a Hitachi twin blade chaser for the errr chases , a Small 6” bosch Angle grinder with the dust collector attachment for cutting in the boxes, a pair of Armeg Chasing chisels one wide for boxes and one narrow for chases. A bosch 110v drill with hammer Action only for use of. A henry hoover with quick release attachments for each machine. I’ve also got an Armeg box cutter doobry,that doesn't get too much use because its far too aggressive and tends to smash the bricks to bits meaning fixings become difficult. For dot and dab/plasterboard work a multitool is essential. A decent set of hole saws for Downlighters Go for a decent make (Starrett or Bosch) is a worthwhile purchase as well as a flat bit set or a set of augers . Oh and a set of superrods comes in handy.
Oh and I have a clarke dust extraction system when I need to get the dust out of the house quickly if its an occupied house .

I have the Metabo MFE30. Absolutely brilliant. Bash the middle out with sds chisel. Nice neat quick chase.

The Metabo MFE40 has now replaced it and looks epic. The triple blade removes all the wall material for you so no need to bash out. Tempted to get one but would like to hear from someone who has used one.
i have the new metabo coupled up with dust extra is the nuts
allso got a makita on which is queit good

Any feedback on this so far?
I'm out in Taiwan until the middle of November!

I cna let you know then, sorry.

I contacted metabo and they said that theirs won't fit the mfe30, I've bought this one with it being a different manufacturer, hopefully it fits and works. (my thinking was why would metabo do one that directly fits an older model as noone would by the newer one) ??

Reply to Recommendations for a wall chaser and other tools for rewire. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net