Discuss Why do commercial sparks bash house bashers? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The only thing that can be dodgy with cash payments is not paying the proper tax.

Being a cowboy is ripping people off: doing a shoddy job, invoicing for work that either hasn’t been done or wasn’t needed.

I don’t ask for cash, I ask to be paid. How the customer does that is up to them. I give an invoice, receipt and even cash is paid into my works bank account.
I’m sure @CamoElectric is the same.
The salient point is i'm traceable when i do work. They know my full name, number, home address. If you pay some scally in cash when he's gotten out of a wrecked, non sign written van and used some burner number...well that's different to someone who is entirely traceable. In that instance method of payment gives no added protection at all.

Just the notion that working for cash makes you somehow untrustworthy is bunk.

Nope, i've been a builder for 18 years (i might be new to electric but i'm seasoned when it comes to the trades) and payment method has absolutely nothing to do with work quality. You're essentially saying if you take cash you're a cowboy which is nonsense.
CASH JOBS.
Done legally OK ........but if not, be it cash up front or not, it can be cut throat....and who knows about certification.
Some are stupid but I don't like innocent folk getting fleeced.....and that includes our trade.

No problem with them at all, if everything is above board. I do them, and always have.

50 years in the trade and there are shysters of all forms, even more these days with the internet.
I'm just saying cash payments make it easier for the unscrupulous..................
regardless of the fair trader.

Nope, i've been a builder for 18 years (i might be new to electric but i'm seasoned when it comes to the trades) and payment method has absolutely nothing to do with work quality. You're essentially saying if you take cash you're a cowboy which is nonsense.
I most certainly am not.
Please.
Read and understand what I said.

Whats this Commercial sparks carp? you are an electrician whatever system you move into, Domestic, Commercial or industrial, what next? houdse bashers, office basher and factory bashers, no wonder this trade has gone to Rat poo.

The salient point is i'm traceable when i do work. They know my full name, number, home address. If you pay some scally in cash when he's gotten out of a wrecked, non sign written van and used some burner number...well that's different to someone who is entirely traceable. In that instance method of payment gives no added protection at all.

Just the notion that working for cash makes you somehow untrustworthy is bunk.
It is, for sure.
What's you're problem?
Can you not understand the points I am making?

In you're case it's salient.....BUT NOT IN EVERY CASE.
Not all people are 21st century savvy, for instance, especially the elderly, who are most at risk.
Then again, I suppose, not all are 20th savvy.

It is, for sure.
What's you're problem?
Can you not understand the points I am making?

In you're case it's salient.....BUT NOT IN EVERY CASE.
Not all people are 21st century savvy, for instance, especially the elderly, who are most at risk.
Then again, I suppose, not all are 20th savvy.
20th???? thought we just got the 18th. ?

Reply to Why do commercial sparks bash house bashers? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net