Discuss Replacing wiring and plug on an LED floor lamp in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

ollycro

DIY
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm hoping someone may be able to advise on whether my LED floor lamp can be repaired or not. The cable has split from the plug, as per the below photos. Can anyone recommend a replacement plug/transformer + wiring? There's a join under the base of the lamp, which you can see in the final photo. So, my idea was to replace the wiring up to that point because the break is so close to the plug.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

As you probably know the little 2-pin plug that's broken off the cable will pull out of the end of the power adapter, so assuming the adapter still works, you just need a cable with the right plug on it! They are widely used on Christmas lights.

Here's an example, but I can't guarantee that it's exactly the correct plug! See if the photo of the pins looks the same as yours

If you do as you suggest and join under the base of the lamp, you must get the +ve and -ve connections the right way round!
Seems to be marked in the plug:
63F408EE-A4FD-49BB-A944-EFF21A6E7FB5.jpeg

PS if you Google the power adapter part number you will find them easily available eg Amazon.

Last edited:
As you probably know the little 2-pin plug that's broken off the cable will pull out of the end of the power adapter, so assuming the adapter still works, you just need a cable with the right plug on it! They are widely used on Christmas lights.

Here's an example, but I can't guarantee that it's exactly the correct plug! See if the photo of the pins looks the same as yours

If you do as you suggest and join under the base of the lamp, you must get the +ve and -ve connections the right way round!
Seems to be marked in the plug:
View attachment 107203

PS if you Google the power adapter part number you will find them easily available eg Amazon.
Thank you Avo, excellent advice. Nice little Easter project for me.

Reactions: DPG

Reply to Replacing wiring and plug on an LED floor lamp in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net