Discuss resturant kitchen in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

leespark2009

hi anyone done kitchens in resturant before, type of wiring and methods used to comply with bs7671 help on install regs best method for install

last one we did was 225 basket above ceiling 20 & 25 plas.cond. from basket down wall either chased or inside partition wall to sockets /spurs/isolators (all clipsal ip. rated) all wired in tw&e .

yours benji

Depends on building control, done one at Christmas time, all galv conduit, singles into metal clad sockets, switches and spurs, position is key for cleanliness and washing down... You need descent layout plans before starting though so you can work out routes and destinations first...

Work for a customer with ten coffee shops/restaurants on their sites. What we have found that the old kitchens with cables/sockets chased into the walls are now inadequate for the power requirements and the customer constantly adding equipment.

The last few we have built from scratch/refurbished we ran steel trunking around the whole kitchen close to the ceiling and dropped galv conduit down the walls to metal sockets, isolators for three phase dishwashers etc. Wired in singles. This has benefits as we have had to move or add sockets when required and it doesn't involve chasing any walls.

Reply to resturant kitchen in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there I have 8 downlights in my kitchen, 6 on one switch and 2 on another (not sure why), I've replaced the downlights on the 6 and they work...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, after temporary removing a Sonoff that I've installed years ago to do some painting, I'm unable to get everything back to work. I've...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have any experience of installing Enkin PDM250 Multi-way dimmer modules? We have 4 dimmers at different ends of the kitchen / dining...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new here so apologies if this isn't the correct area to post this. We moved in to a bungalow around 8 months ago and had a full re-wire...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock