Discuss Retired folks get too much benefit in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Has anyone checked on @sparksburnout?
I'd figured that he'd had a right bad day and the post was him venting. Back to work tomorrow, I for one hope that he's had a good weekend.
Same with the lot of you.
Have a good week and remember - Jesus loves you
Yep, chin up an all that...

Every generation blames the one before, all of their frustration comes beating on your... La la la :)

Wow, this one certainly opened up some conflicting views. Unfortunately I can report that contrary to a few opinions I am actually 58 and not 28. I must say this was not a "rant" but a reflection on some of the fairly appalling attitudes displayed by a few people I have encountered in the "real" world, reflected rather disgracefully by snowhead, who I would like to think is just trying to wind people up, nobody is that self-centred? Anyway I have had a great weekend thanks, and very encouraged to see that some people, Midwest, , Archy, Dave 7029 and Paul M in particular have contributed some very understanding and sympathetic comments with which I agree entirely.

I am actually 58 and not 28.

Hahaha, when I read the original post I thought you might be a whinging youngster until I checked your profile! :)
I specifically raised the Uni debt because I've got two kids who'll be going to University soon, and the prospect of them being saddled with a massive debt when they are starting out in life is just chronically wrong. 18 to early 20s are the best years of your life when your free to go!

Higher education should be free.

i'm 69 and still working as and when i get work. can't afford to stop when state pension of £90/week goes nowhere. tell you summat, any benefits i can grab, i'll take. 'er indoors paid into a private pension for years. pot worth £9500. 2 years ago, she was entitled to cash it in, but thanks to tony b.liar and the fat controller, she could only draw £2200 ( taxed ) so just under £2000. the rest forced into an annuity. she'll need to live to the age of 105 just to get back the £7500.
tell you summat, any benefits i can grab, i'll take. Course you will your a scouser!

Agree with Archie post #63. The fees thing just seems to be a backward step to me. I'm not going to try to invent the perfect education system, that's for sure. But having kids bear this financial burden offends me somehow. On a lighter note I gave some money to daughter for fees only to find out later the money was repurposed. Ha. Next time I'm cutting out the middle person :)

too right i will.it's only getting back what i've paid in over 50 years.
ha.. now there is another argument to be had. The genuine decent folk like your good self who have worked hard all their lives and contributed to the system absolutely deserve to get full support in their later years. Its those bloody scroungers that wind me up! Ridding the country of them might enable the younger generation to get more support early on when they need it most and the older generation their deserved support earlier in life while they can still have some quality of life!

Reply to Retired folks get too much benefit in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock