uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Running cables horizontally along the 150mm top of wall in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

1. Top of the wall – where the wall meets the ceiling there is a 150mm zone where cables should be run. It is at the top of the wall and runs horizontally around the whole wall
House is made of concrete floors. So I'm planning on using the top 150mm of wall (safe zone) by ceiling, to run cables horizontally. As it's not that common, is there anything else I need to consider like what if the kitchen fitter screws a screw somewhere there trying to fit a unit? Would you bother covering it with 3mm steel sheet (earthed)?

Is there something I'm missing, because i'm just wondering why people run cables in steel conduit when faced with concrete buildings, when the 150mm method is cheaper and quicker, safe, and meets the regs. Obviously there will be RCD protection.

Thanks in advance.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Charlie_

-
Arms
You must be logged in to see the message.

Leesparkykent

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed

Leesparkykent

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed

T

Toneyz

Reply to Running cables horizontally along the 150mm top of wall in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom