Discuss single back box extensions in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
morning all, looking for some white, square corned single gang spacer rings / extensions 10mm, been to fit under floor heating thermostats but need 35mm back boxes, all house done in 25mm. think mk used to do them when everyone went mad for dimmer switchers on 16mm back boxes. local ce### wholesaler no help at moment. any ideas.

Eddies had some when I was last in. Though they did have to go hunting for them as they weren't sure if they had been binned or not....
I have a couple sitting if you want them might be 20s rather than 10s though...

If you get really stuck you could smash the back out of a surface mount pattress, drill the threads out and mount that to the existing backbox with long machine screws.

now we're getting really rough. what's wrong with carefully cutting out the existing back box and sinking in a 35mm box?

morning all, looking for some white, square corned single gang spacer rings / extensions 10mm, been to fit under floor heating thermostats but need 35mm back boxes, all house done in 25mm. think mk used to do them when everyone went mad for dimmer switchers on 16mm back boxes. local ce### wholesaler no help at moment. any ideas.

Thanks for all the comments thought about smashing the backs out but it's a new build for a valid customer, should blame plumber relay who said 25 mm will do, but I won't be beat

cut round boxes carefully with a multi-tool. chip out deeper fit 35mm. do it right and customer won't know you've been. finally make out a large invoice for wet-pants.

i mean .. cut around back box to release from plaster so that pulling the box out won't make a mess. a fein/bosch multitool is ideal for this.

If it's a new build, where you shouldn't be looking for ways around things and all the accessories should look the same (ie all flush mount) I know what I'd do.

Reply to single back box extensions in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net