Discuss sitting level 3 303 exam in 3 weeks in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jassyo06

hi i am new to this forum;) i have just passed the 302 exam credit mark i now have the 303 exam in 3 weeks i found the 302 exam not so difficult 301 was a nightmare as i got 9 queation on motors i got a credit for that 87.5% for the 1st category and 56% for the 2nd category the 1 with all the motor questions in:mad: i hate them things.so how is the 303 exam???? i also found out the pass mark for the 17th edition is 80% which think is very high how did you guys get on with the 17th edition any tips

thanks james

the 17th is 60% mate. with you doing all the regs questions in l3 you will be set up nicely for the exam mate.

i have a 17th ed exam simulator on dvd rom i gave it a go last night without looking in the regs book i got 60% 35 out 60 the time limit was 2 hour FAIL IT SAID i done it in 15 mins.i then gave it another another go it gives different questions everytime i looked in the regs book this time for some answers to ques
tions i got a mark of 72% it only took 30 minutes this time STILL FAIL again i thought 72% would be a credit mark

Last edited by a moderator:
i was thinking this that the cd rom exam drives you to get 80%,i have been doing the 2330 for a 8 months now through olci i have been in the trade for the past 15 years i did sit most of apprenticeship but city&guilds could only find level 1 certificate level 2 they could not find.............so i had no choice but do this course,i sit 303 in feb 1st but cant do the 17th ed till my pass mark comes back from the 303 exam as the 17th ed is an add on to this course,thank for the replys everyone

Yeh motor questions, I love them as well (not). Don't panic to much about the 17th exam. You have plenty of time and all the answers are in the book. Practice as much as you can and it will be a breeze to get 60% for a pass but aim for 90%. Take your time and double check each answer at the end.

Yeh motor questions, I love them as well (not). Don't panic to much about the 17th exam. You have plenty of time and all the answers are in the book. Practice as much as you can and it will be a breeze to get 60% for a pass but aim for 90%. Take your time and double check each answer at the end.

thanks for i wont panic now,i just to need to get 303 first,i am unemployed just now i have been for 6 months its driving me berserk,but at least it gives me time to study and revise,it seems like an eternity trying to get this course finished the end cant come quick enough.

the actual course is holding me up ie holidays course structure/dates,but as you say the higher the mountain the harder you climb

thanks for the questions i really do need to study hard by looking at those questions but i have till the 1st of feb to that,those questions seem harder than the ones i got for 302.....yikes but i have just started chapter 9/10 of the advance electrical installation book,i have binned the olci folder units as i thought they where comprehensive enough i kept on going into exams and was asked questions that where not even in the specific units,to be honest i am very dissapointed in there course work olci that is even the instructor is not interested and at times is not very helpfull at all,but at the end of the day its just down to me and all of us to pass.i looked at the question again they look okay like any questions i see like that,its like a rabbit caught in on the headlamps of a car i just freeze........he,he but you guys seem very friendly and very helpfull and i do appreciate it thank you.also the questions do tell you what to expect thats a good thing,i went into 302 blind and it was okay MIND NUMBING..........BUT YOU GET THERE DONT YOU

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your kind comment of higher the mountain the harder I claim. This came about when I was doing the level 3, personal problems, I had loads of time off college. Took me 4 resits to pass the level 3 due to my time off and after I passed I still revised the whole years work so I knew it and not just passed a test. As for looking and using other books, do it. What one author says may be better interpretated better by another. What questions don't you understand fully? Post them up and we are happy to help but we are not here to do your home work for you.:)

Thanks for your kind comment of higher the mountain the harder I claim. This came about when I was doing the level 3, personal problems, I had loads of time off college. Took me 4 resits to pass the level 3 due to my time off and after I passed I still revised the whole years work so I knew it and not just passed a test. As for looking and using other books, do it. What one author says may be better interpretated better by another. What questions don't you understand fully? Post them up and we are happy to help but we are not here to do your home work for you.:)
i have come from an a apprenticeship then chucked it then through circumstance or fate i entered back into the electrical trade with a gap 10 years or so so i worked as a sparks mate not knowing at the i was a electrician believe or not just because i didnt complete the 4 years back then ie the 1980's but still levels 1&2 of city and guilds and in the last 10 years i was a highly paid mate £15 an hours with a company i was with for 10 years but like a lot of company's in the past 2 years they went bust after that i had 2 non electrical job but they too went bust so hear i am like a lot chaps trying to get the certificates, to match the experience.the sjib dont recognise these course's so after my completion of the course all sing all dancing spark i need to fake an address down in england to get a jib card,luckily my cousin stays in birmingham so i will send him my certs then post them off to the jib and hopefully gain a jib card that way.......yikes

question....aah just to keep me straight on the sample 303 questions it asks how to carry out a insulation resistance test on a 2 way lighting circuit,i know all line conductors common/LI/L2 ARE TESTED TO EARTH AND NEUTRAL AND BETWEEN COMMON/L1/L2,DO YOU TEST THE SWITCH WIRE AT THE LIGHT OR THE SWITCH

i need to fake an address down in england to get a jib card,luckily my cousin stays in birmingham so i will send him my certs then post them off to the jib and hopefully gain a jib card that way.......yikes

I work for the JIB, so you really be careful what you say on here lol You won't get a ticket with out the full works, times have changed mate.

question....aah just to keep me straight on the sample 303 questions it asks how to carry out a insulation resistance test on a 2 way lighting circuit,i know all line conductors common/LI/L2 ARE TESTED TO EARTH AND NEUTRAL AND BETWEEN COMMON/L1/L2,DO YOU TEST THE SWITCH WIRE AT THE LIGHT OR THE SWITCH

Lamps removed, switches open and test at the cu. Gn3 page 38 explains it better than I can.

I work for the JIB, so you really be careful what you say on here lol You won't get a ticket with out the full works, times have changed mate.

what is the full works???as i have said i did sit an a apprenticeship many moons ago and city&guilds could not find all my old certs,hence i have got them or almost through this course,i have worked continuously in the electrical trade for last 15 years,i have contacted the sjib before starting this course but the company i did my apprenticeship was a district council whohad no affiliation with the sjib so no record of me,the sjib laughed at me and advised me not to do this course but do an adult trainee course instead,i laughed back no one takes adult trainees on in a recession,back to the 2 way lighting circuit,i think i know it now,and thanks for all the replies gents much appreciated

Reply to sitting level 3 303 exam in 3 weeks in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net