Discuss Solar Install developed fault in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Sargan

DIY
Reaction score
I have a 12 panel array … BenQ 330W panels, Solar Edge Micro-controllers and Inverter.

On Solar Edge App, shows 1 panel as not generating any output.
Panels & Solar Edge kit all under warranty but installation company has ceased trading … what’s my best approach, get an experienced PV electrician to swap over micro controllers on a good panel to bad ?Then if proven get a replacement under warranty.

Or is there a more logical approach?

secondly .. anybody in or know of a guy in S.Wales who could do this work ?

All 12 panels worked fine for since install (5 years)
One has ceased generation .... all other 11 working fine.
Suggested that it's probably the Solar Edge Optimiser fitted to rear of panel.

Check would be to swap out with one of the 11 good ones ... will prove if faulty.
Optimisers are under 25 yr guarantee by the manufacturer, but the firm that supplied & installed has ceased trading (like many PV companies)

Speak to the manufacturer,
they should be able to provide a list of local firms that support there equipment

On trawling through paperwork .... found (and not on contract docs) seems there is a warranty assurance mentioned ... under RECC Assurance scheme.

It does state that 'Pinnacle Renewables is a member of the RECC Assurance Scheme, we are required to have arrangements in place so that your workmanship warranty from us will still be honoured if we go out of business during warranty period"

These sounds initially good until the next section "Your warranty is insured under Deposit and Workmanship Insurance (DAWWI) Scheme You have a 5 yr insurance policy through QANW, covering workmanship and product"

So that has expired .... so I'm back to the beginning, and its product warranty direct with the manufacturer

Last edited:

Reply to Solar Install developed fault in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock