Discuss Steca (Studer) XPC 2200-24 inverter problem. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I am aware of wire size requirements, in this case I bought 50mmsq cable to try and resolve the problem but the black behave exactly the same as the smaller cable before i.e. got hot and blackened at the terminal . Pictured with 16 sqmm cable I like to use my load generally never above 1.3kw .

That has also got corrosion. Why is this?

That has also got corrosion. Why is this?
It wasn't on for long I live in the tropics maybe that does not help and maybe I cannot clamp the cable tightly enough in the O ring connector socket.

Back to the main subject The XPC 2200 -24 today I plugged it in again and some different things happened 1. When I turned on the AC the yellow AC light came on and stayed on solid quite a long time about 1 minute then started flashing 2. The battery was making what I believe is a charging sound quite vigorously , 3. The AC output light did not come on at all 4. I plugged my usual load into the AC output socket this usually shows 1, 3 or 5% on the 3000 watt inverter I don't know what was happenning with that load but when I turned on 3 watt led bulb by the set up coming from the same consumer box the inverter made a buzzing noise and turned off and then turned on again it did this 4 times as listed in the 'overload section of the Steca XPC manual.
I left it that quite a lot to hapenn in a couple of minutes doesn't make much sense to me, will try again in the next couple of days.

I will read the manual more carefully. It is important that you do not re-use heat damaged o terminals and that re- made connections use bright new clean copper and are very tightly crimped so that there is no movement between o terminal and cable.

What is the usual load you mentioned?

You have connected ac in and ac out correctly?

if you disconnect the inverter completely from switchover switch what happens?

if you connect a 60 to 100W load directly to output of inverter what happens?

where does inverter get its ac supply from? It must not be the consumer unit the inverter ac output feeds because this would connect the inverter output to its input.

Some pictures of installation would help me.

ps: whereabouts are you in Thailand to city level please? Adds to my interest to look up in an atlas.

Last edited:
It wasn't on for long I live in the tropics maybe that does not help and maybe I cannot clamp the cable tightly enough in the O ring connector socket.

Back to the main subject The XPC 2200 -24 today I plugged it in again and some different things happened 1. When I turned on the AC the yellow AC light came on and stayed on solid quite a long time about 1 minute then started flashing 2. The battery was making what I believe is a charging sound quite vigorously , 3. The AC output light did not come on at all 4. I plugged my usual load into the AC output socket this usually shows 1, 3 or 5% on the 3000 watt inverter I don't know what was happenning with that load but when I turned on 3 watt led bulb by the set up coming from the same consumer box the inverter made a buzzing noise and turned off and then turned on again it did this 4 times as listed in the 'overload section of the Steca XPC manual.
I left it that quite a lot to hapenn in a couple of minutes doesn't make much sense to me, will try again in the next couple of days.
Could the corrosion be contributing to a poor electrical contact with the DC cables or the bus bars that appear to connect to those posts? Does it need more than just a vacuum cleaner - perhaps a thorough clean to ensure good metal to metal contact throughout the DC circuit?

Reply to Steca (Studer) XPC 2200-24 inverter problem. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net