Discuss storage heating time clock. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

biggles

Hi. i have been asked to put in a new consumer unit in a small bungalow. The property used to have storage heaters that have been taken out and the c/u`s removed. However the tails still come through and are still connected into a phase block see piccy. To install the new cu do i have to get the seb in first to take away the time clock and replace the single phase multirate meter with a standard domestic meter or can i install the consumer unit and ask the seb to come afterwards and remove the clock. Sorry never had much experience with storage heating and these timeclocks, been lucky i guess. All help very much appreciated. I have put in some pictures to help. Thanks for help in advance. Please be nice. Sorry cant upload pics their too big.

cu pic1.jpgcu2.jpg

i would leave the clock and meter as it is as they are probably still on economy7 at night and can use timers etc for washing machine,tumble dryer and immersion,
you could connect the old night store points into the new cu and fit socket fronts if they need extra points

Do they still want off peak rate at night, some people like to run their big appliances overnight on E7, if not just install your board and get them to remove afterwards, and they`ll replace the seals that accidently fell out when you replaced the tails

no they dont really want the off peak any more and i intend to use a couple as new 16a radial sockets on the new board. the main thing i was worried about was the phase block just sat there not in use.

Reply to storage heating time clock. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net