Discuss Tell us about your faults! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

It looks a bit melty, or had it been bashed about?

I think it had been swiped by a fork truck, all the MCB's were damaged.

Another victim

DBisolator.JPG

Meticulous labelling. Makes it so easy to find the circuit you need. (actually two are labelled (wrong way round), in felt-tip, bottom right)

Image012.jpg

Meticulous labelling. Makes it so easy to find the circuit you need. (actually two are labelled (wrong way round), in felt-tip, bottom right)

Image012.jpg

Do those feeder cables/tails have any protection through the DB caseing ?? I can't quite make out too well if those coloured cables are going through separate holes or a slot entry, either way it doesn't look like any protection has been afforded here either!! lol!!

SWA for outside lights 'buried' about two inches below the ground, and under a tarmac driveway, where at least it is sleeved in water pipe! And yes, that is the armouring you can see. :D

Image017.jpg

SWA for outside lights 'buried' about two inches below the ground, and under a tarmac driveway, where at least it is sleeved in water pipe! And yes, that is the armouring you can see. :D
Seem that before, just the worst idea ever, "we will just bury it a bit". And under a driveway, very rare there is any ground movement there!

Re: Tell us about your faults !

Lizard in swimming pool controller, tripped RCD every day at 11am, took me a few days to work it out but got there in the end, another big problem is parrots chewing through PVC, the RCD trips when they touch the copper they move away, reset RCD all works with no faults till the next parrot

Lizard in swimming pool controller, tripped RCD every day at 11am, took me a few days to work it out but got there in the end, another big problem is parrots chewing through PVC, the RCD trips when they touch the copper they move away, reset RCD all works with no faults till the next parrot

So the problems that parrots cause keep repeating themselves :) ...........sorry, couldn't resist!

hey all

ive been called to a caravan where the power keeps tripping out. ive got a 30ma rcd, which feeds a db with main switch, zs of 16.6 and all circuits clear. when i drop the 10mm tails off the load side of the rcd and test on x1 im getting >40 and x5 >400. and >51mA. ive tried 2 new rcd's and all the same. however with the tails reonnected and test done at a socket im getting >40 x1 and 19 x5 and 46mA.

what is going on?

thanks

Hi, I know this is probably the wrong thread but couldnt find a relevant one. Just a very quick one as I rarely do residential. What is the current regulation on earthing. is it just 10mm on mains gas and water?

thanks in advance

I was asked tonight to check a bathroom light pull switch which the home owner had replaced. He told me it had just gone bang when he switched it on. He had wired the earth into the common and the two reds (old colours) one into L1 and the other into L2, not surprised it went bang.......I wired it correctly but he has blown the breaker at the fuse board (tested it with the other 5amp breaker (1970s fuse board) Can these push button breakers be repaired, or do they just need replacing, the whole lot needs replacing I know but the customer is apparently always right. See attached photo. Some people are just stubborn and stupid.BS3036_fusebox_12.jpg

Reply to Tell us about your faults! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net