Discuss Thank you scheme providers. You are destroying a once respected trade. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

was talking to a guy in the wholesalers just the other day who said he had gone to a well known sculpture park to see to some refrigeration units where the MCB kept letting go...
he told me they had lost a load of grub there already and the shef was goin ape about it...
turned out someone had robbed the 20A feeding the fridge for one of their new circuits they had installed....
replacing it with a 6A......lolffs.....lol...

Some of our euro cousins( I'll not call them brothers) thinking is pretty mygyver.
i got a shout to a shower before Xmas.
7.5 kw on a 20a dp switch.
black pyro sleeving on the earth wires.magic.
changed it to a 45a switch. Couldn't get it above 16a.
the polish laddie had turned the selector switch so that it could not kick in the micro switch for the next element to come in.
no wonder the shower was cold.
think it would have been easier to go and buy a 45a switch tho.
the owner wanted me to give him a certificate of construction for his extension this pile of jokers did.....eh it's not happening

Another true story for you guys. Relates to our euro friends.
Several years back we had a contract sub contracting through an electrical consultancy firm.
It was to fit out new build on a well known german chain of stores.
I remember when the German top brass turned up. We got away with a modest snagging list (Unlike some of the other trades)
A) The emergency fittings in the offices had green led's the main store and warehouse had red. They wanted them all the same colour.
B) Some of the lights were supplied by Tamalite CEF. The union jack labels had to be removed from every single fitting (I kid you not)
Anyway, I digress.
We lost the contract due to being way undercut on price. Profit margin was cut to the bone, and we had a spec to work to, so hands were tied.
A polish electrical contractor won the follow up tender, so bye bye. Or so we thought.
We were called back to several stores because the circuit details on the composite panel did not match up with the circuits they were supposed to control.
A two stage lighting arrangement was also used and contoled from a lighting management panel giving 60 percent less light during non trading times. Plus a modem link up was used so that the lights could be contolled from there head office.
All the above was messed up.
Power circuits were tripping out (they had been connected to lighting circuits) and vise versa.
It was a mess. And to top it all. The spec called for tray work, conduit installs with trunking (all in galv) and armoured cables to feeb lighting track bus bars.
The polish guys had wired the whole install in flexi armour. And it was chucked across the ceiling void in all directions.
I kid you not, a spaghetti bolognese is more tidy.
We sorted it out, but the crazy thing was the polish mob had all gone back home packed and paid.
No wonder they undercut our tender.
Crazy !!!

Well that's just the Poles taking their revenge on the Germans for invading their country innit?

I am sitting in the house with nothing to do and just got a phone call from a Joinery company who has been landed with sorting out a job as our east European cousins have made a right mess ie 2.5 tonnes of rubbish under the floor beats getting a skip no doubt live cables under the floor plus the last spark walked off the job . I said to the guy who called thanks for you honesty and I am sitting in the house with nothing on today but I just don't need the grief or hassle in sorting this type of thing out .

Quote the plant manager, “we’ve got you an extra shift fitter from an agency”. Great thanks we’re getting snowed under.
What did we get? B****o! He caused more work! Keeping him out of trouble was a job and a half.
Something may have been a bit if’y but still working, by the time he’d finished with it, it was broke!

He locked something I needed in his tool cupboard, I broke in. It was a treasure trove of all the tools that people had lost. I enjoyed calling plant security.

Just to add on, I had to change the brakes on his car for him.

He’s a fitter?

I’m an electrician?

Something’s wrong here!

Sounds like my ex-brother-in law.

He's a mechanic at the local bus company responsible for fixing the brakes on buses, but it was me who he asked to fix the brakes on his car !!!

it's not just HMRC. today i got a letter from PRS telling me i needed a music license from them if i played my radio while working. apparently it's public broadcasting. FFS.
That's a standard letter they regularly go fishing with, most people ignore it, while a few will pay up, but it is the law unfortunately

Qualified Electrician, had my part p few months ago, even the guy said no one holds anyone to account , so i asked Why part p then ?? er another cup of t was the reply

Reply to Thank you scheme providers. You are destroying a once respected trade. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net