Discuss thermograph inspection for homes electrical system in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

colorone

hi

I plan to purchase a thermograph camera to inspect my home electrical system(wiring, panel, receptacle, lighting .. etc)

have any one here been in such expierence? if yes, please give some detailsabout how to analyze the findings. i mean what is the normal limit oftempersture after which i can say that this equipment has something wrong.then, how to know the defect from temoerature readings ?

appreciate your help .

Thanks,

Are you talking about a thermal imaging camera?? Why on earth would you go to that expense to check a domestic installation?? lol!! You need a training course to be able to determine/analyse what the thermal imagery is showing you. That can't i'm afraid be relayed adequately here on a forum!!

Are you an electrician by the way?? Do you have some sort of ongoing problem(s) with your homes electrical installation??

Are you talking about a thermal imaging camera?? Why on earth would you go to that expense to check a domestic installation?? lol!! You need a training course to be able to determine/analyse what the thermal imagery is showing you. That can't i'm afraid be relayed adequately here on a forum!!

Are you an electrician by the way?? Do you have some sort of ongoing problem(s) with your homes electrical installation??

when it comes to safety, it is no more expensive

also, this is a specialized forum where we have many experts

we do not have to wait for problem to act, we shall be proactive . espically for safety issues

when it comes to safety, it is no more expensive

also, this is a specialized forum where we have many experts

we do not have to wait for problem to act, we shall be proactive . espically for safety issues

Conducting a full set of conventional electrical tests on an installation is more than adequate to determine the safety of a domestic installation. The cost of a MFT is also far less expensive than a thermal image camera, like as in 1000s difference!! Thermal imagery cameras are generally used for real time electrical assessments, when it is not possible (or very expensive) to isolate/disconnect an installation from a supply. As in an industrial continuous production process and the like!!

If you have that sort of money to just throw away go for it!! Use it once or twice and then leave in the cupboard for years at a time!! lol!!

If you are not an electrician, pay one to carry out an inspection of your electrical installation and provide you with a report on its condition. This will be more than sufficient to reassure you. To buy a thermal imaging camera could cost ÂŁ1000+ which is crazy money as E45 says.

hi

I plan to purchase a thermograph camera to inspect my home electrical system(wiring, panel, receptacle, lighting .. etc)

have any one here been in such expierence? if yes, please give some detailsabout how to analyze the findings. i mean what is the normal limit oftempersture after which i can say that this equipment has something wrong.then, how to know the defect from temoerature readings ?

appreciate your help .

Thanks,

If you really don't know how to use the thermograph camera you were talking, then don't force yourself to purchase this stuff. You can get an expert to do it for you instead. They are much knowledgeable in this matter and in that case, you can ensure the great result.

In an industrial environment thermal imaging does have its place, but only to supplement a proper electrical testing regime.

I am not an expert on the subject so can't recommend model numbers. In the past I have bought (on behalf of the company) Flir cameras. The purchase included training for our electricians. More recently I have heard good things of Fluke cameras.

Reply to thermograph inspection for homes electrical system in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net