Discuss Vauxhall Corsa 'C' - wiring in push button start in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I want to replace the ignition switch with one of these switch and push button units:-

switch_front.jpg

I need to wire in the switch and push button in the image to the four cables from the back of the ignition switch

This is a picture of the connector from the back of the ignition switch:-

exisiting_cables.jpg

The cables are as follows:-

1 - black
2 - red
3 - red
4 - black

1 and 2 when bridged operate the starter motor - so I am assuming that 3 and 4 are the ignition circuit.

This is a picture of the back of the switch unit:-

switch_back.jpg

The connectors are:-

A - Switch
B - Switch
C - Push Button
D - Push Button

Can anyone confirm for me how the connections need to be made ( e.g 4 to B, A to C etc..) ?

I’m no expert on car electrics, but the ignition barrel also releases the steering lock. Also the key may have have a transponder chip in it, which will have to be in close proximity to the car so the immobiliser can read the chip and allow the car to start.
I’m sure there’ll be a way around it, but to what cost and also insurance will have to be made aware.

might be an idea to just use the push button as a motor start, leave ignition as it is. that way all you need to do is feed a perm+ from the existing ignition switch to your push button and divert the starter casble from ign. sw. to push button.

alternatively, you could use the pushbutton to activate the nitrous , or energise your cloaking device. :D:D:D

Both posts above give a clue to some of the problems you may encounter depending on the sophistication of your car . For instance turning on the key activates other circuits and relays, ie fuel pump prime then added run on cranking . Also as Kevs post ; the ECU might have a dicky fit.
Tel's idea of intercepting the starter solenoid control with the ignition switch on may be the least problamatic way to do it.

So this is what "souping up" has come to... 300 horse power of sounds...and a 100 watt engine :(

What was wrong with twin 45's,a janspeed and some porting?

...Oh yeah,i remember,fuel,the planet,and the neighbours...

My nephew managed to customise his Corsa,by hitting a kerb,losing the tyre and bursting the strut damper,then driving a further 3 miles and reducing the diameter of the alloy 2 inches,then dumping it outside his grans...looked good to me:)

Reply to Vauxhall Corsa 'C' - wiring in push button start in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net