Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Volt drop in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ajelec10

Got an interesting problem today, got a call out to some lights flickering on and off intermitantly we turn up have a look and they are all ok then they all turn of and take ages to strike back up (switch start flouresents) so i think supply problem check the voltage and yep 202v trace it through sub after sub and find the incomer blue 232v yellow 239v red 215v, i then rember that another one of my guys got a call out eairler in the week they had lost red phase, so i calll supplier they say the minium they are allowed is 214v, just great! there is something wrong with the red but don't reckon there do anything about it, does any body know what the minium voltage a hf floursent light will work at?

Got an interesting problem today, got a call out to some lights flickering on and off intermitantly we turn up have a look and they are all ok then they all turn of and take ages to strike back up (switch start flouresents) so i think supply problem check the voltage and yep 202v trace it through sub after sub and find the incomer blue 232v yellow 239v red 215v, i then rember that another one of my guys got a call out eairler in the week they had lost red phase, so i calll supplier they say the minium they are allowed is 214v, just great! there is something wrong with the red but don't reckon there do anything about it, does any body know what the minium voltage a hf floursent light will work at?
It would be a hard one to answer as it all depends on the make of th hf ballast and their own permitted tolerences but i had a low voltage on a phase in a factory think it was 212v against 236v & 243v when i called the supplier they were dragging their feet over the phone until i mentioned i had to shut down all 3ph motors etc and the company would put in a claim for loss of production, and 'hey presto' 1hr later they adjusted the tapping point at the sub-station although not always as simple as this just show you know they are legally obliged to maintain a voltage within a set limit and they should respond faster.

Heard from supplier today, they said they attended site repalced a fuse and now the voltage is 218v and is within limits. Still don't stops lights flashing though, what a load of ****.
Just for some info found out that tridonic hf ballast altough stamped on them it say 220-240v they can have a supply voltage from 196 - 264v so will go down that route unitll supplier pulls there finger out and sorts the voltage out.
:)

Reply to Volt drop in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net