Discuss whats the going rate in grimsby cleethorpes area in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kellogs64

Hi all,recently got part p regestard with elesca n now planning on visiting the local estate agents to try n get a bit off work. could anyone advise me on wats the going rates for call outs,hourly rates , weekend callouts and night time call out rates. Many thanks for your advice cheers.

It will be all very variable, you need to know how much running your business will cost before you can set rates, if you say I will work for £10/hour and your business costs £20 per hour to run then you are paying £10 per hour to give someone else your work.

Work out your business costs (all of them) over a year, assess a likely number of hours per year working, less weekends, holidays, days getting stock, bank holidays, etc. do the division and get your minimum rate to stay afloat.

Hi all,recently got part p regestard with elesca n now planning on visiting the local estate agents to try n get a bit off work. could anyone advise me on wats the going rates for call outs,hourly rates , weekend callouts and night time call out rates. Many thanks for your advice cheers.
No, work it out yourself

The problem is if you knew what everyone else in the area was charging you could undercut them.

Look at it the other way around, would you publish your rates so people could undercut you?

in grimsby?......3 fish and a couple of crabs.

Just charge 25% more than the hr rate you were getting form your previous electrical post before going self-employed, adjust from there at year end if you cant make ends meet! Or go back to the last job .....

As a rough guess, its east coast so not top rates, centre of brum 200 london 300 im thinking lower than 180 a day.

thats my guesses I have no books like glasses guide to cars just hearsay.

like MDJ said work it out yourself!!

thanks for replys even the not so helpfull ones,sorry its taken so long to thank and reply been busy counting crabs. im gona have to wing it n see what happens . any advice on finding work ?

lol i like the not so helpfull advice,thimk im going to post my quieries on cbbies might get more help lol. that is what this site is for HELPFULL ADVICE .

Don't come over desperate,
stand your ground,
make promises and KEEP them.
Don't argue with clients,
don't rip clients off.
Provide certs with invoices,
log notifiable work the day you complete it with your scheme,
clear up after you........
Be polite and courteous.........

Reply to whats the going rate in grimsby cleethorpes area in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net