Discuss When electrics go wrong!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Interesting - didn't think anyone made one and assumed maybe the standard required screwed terminals. Though the terminals didn't help in this case apparently, but can't really blame them if you put 26A through it...

Not going to catch on unless there are 3 terminals per socket though.
or 4, for the DIY market

It's a standard Legrand dual socket the small finger points above the push in connectors are to relive the push fit and allow the cable to be retracted, it did have three connectors at some point. ? Its a French standard fitting.

its not bullying.... its ignoring the health and safety procedures that have been put there to protect you and your workmates.

to put the poor lad into danger knowingly could lead to claims of historical abuse. I'd watch your back if i were you.

Theyre catching all sorts of historical misdemeanors nowadays from racism and sexism... so i wouldnt be surprised if apprentice baiting became the next big thing?
Who're you trying to kid, short ---??

Last edited:
You started it!

is a short --- a little donkey, little donkey on a dusty road??

?
Started what???
Obviously hit the wrong button there, didn't I?
It was just a joke, having a go at folk picking on folk and bullying. If you can't get that.... then I'm sorry.
Enough. Good night.

Loose connection

IMG_3390.JPG
IMG_3391.JPG

I’ve posted it before but this is what happens when you put 230V through a 110V coil. The coil voltage was applied whenever the machine control was on, so it would easily be sitting at the over voltage for 8 to 10 hours a day. I think it lasted three days before failing.

Physically the contactor looked fine, but you couldn’t manually push the contacts together like you should be able to.

Always always always check the coil voltage as well as the contactor rating, don’t just rummage around the parts cupboard for something that looks similar!

DF0AC416-6165-4190-A808-8FD9EB3F736F.jpeg

CFE8ACC6-8B4F-46D2-A96B-0CB9022D4DA5.jpeg

Reply to When electrics go wrong!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net