Discuss Wrong Address in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

My old band was eventually booked at a place which was notoriously difficult to get a gig at, the alloted time came and so I packed my back line into the car put my guitars on top and off I went.
No one was there so I had a relaxing set up, on being hassled by some of the regulars I got my acoustic out and played a few songs.
Then a band walked in.
Not my band.
I'd only gone a week early, every cloud though. I got a few solo gigs out of it.

Rock on Tommy

Best one I knew of many years ago, was that of a plumber that I did work for. He had a bathroom suite to change basically like for like. Customer went into his shop, chose the suit etc and left him his address details and that the door key would be left under a pot plant to the left of the front door. On the agreed date of installation, plumber went to the job, pulled up, got key from under said plant pot, let himself in and got stuck into the job. Everything in bathroom ripped out and put onto front lawn.
Opps! Owner came home from lunch, wondered what the hell was going on! Yep, you've guessed it! He was in the wrong house.
The address was something like Something Avenue and he went to Something Road! Wish I was there to see the owners face!

Same decent homes programme, a property had been surveyed and it was decided that it would get the full works. Rewire, boiler, kitchen, double glazing, front and back doors, loft and cavity insulation.
So the sparkies turned up and the woman let them in and the bashing commenced. They were asking her questions as Mrs x but she put them right as Mrs Y. the following day the rewire was done. CoW was presented with the certs and he asked why the work had been done. Between survey date and install date Mr & Mrs X had moved out and Mr & Mrs Y had moved in and bought it.
Oops :)

Reply to Wrong Address in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net