Discuss AM2 check list in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RETIREDSPARKY

All candidates who think they are ready to undertake the new assessment of occupational competence test [am2] should if not already recieved complete the candidate check list [download from NET - National Electrotechnical Training] Any short comings should be addressed by your employer/training provider.
This process is essential to establish for the above mentioned if monies are being wasted on incompetent candidates.

i don't understand why you would want to do the AM2 test what it is it designed for to test how good you are on the tools ? surely when you start work wont that obviously come over time.

i don't understand why you would want to do the AM2 test what it is it designed for to test how good you are on the tools ? surely when you start work wont that obviously come over time.

It is the final skills test for apprentice electricians to gain NVQ level three and their grading card from JIB. If as your quote above was true why is the pass rate so low?

New info for AM2 candidates.
[h=2]AM2 Help Guides[/h]AM2 Candidate Pre-Assessment Checklist »

Please note this is a compulsory document required by our centres for all AM2 assessment bookings.

AM2 Assessment and After Tips
pdf.gif

AM2 Common Candidate Errors Guide
pdf.gif

General AM2 Information »
pdf.gif

Got to admit I failed my am2 first time round. I did it roughly 4 years ago and failed as I did my tests in the wrong order!

If anyone's going in for their am2( I did mine in Blackpool) there's a prior course about a week before that you can attend on site and they give you a really good brief of what to expect!

Luckily, if you fail one module you only have to retake that one part I think there was 5 modules all together when I did it.

Reply to AM2 check list in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net