Discuss Anyone know where can get dual tariff DB suitable for this or possibly RCBO's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Having trouble find a a dual tariff DB suitable for set up for this property. Can find a 5x5 way board but not suitable as have 7 ways on peak supply side. If not is there any RCBO's that are compatible for this board? Thanks
[automerge]1600367772[/automerge]

See photo

Attachments

• IMG-20200917-WA0004.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 43
That is a Wylex NSB board and those BS1361 fuse carriers are rare as hens teeth. Rcbos will not fit.
Haha had a feeling someone would say that. Me think me gonna have problems with this one apart from trying to find a dual tariff board with right distribution of ways the ------- needs to be less than 250mm in height as existing one is above front door ?

So that'll be £600 for the new Consumer unit and £1200 for a new smaller door and frame and some brickwork, Madam.
Exactly Snowhead lol landlord complete penny pincher aswell turned up in his 4x4 Merc and trying to convince me to pass EICR didn't even bother doing a proper one. Was on ground floor no rcds, cracked sockets, metal lights in bathroom and cables hanging out back of cooker connection plate minus the actual plate. Charged him to do some fault finding he had on sockets. Don't think he'll be impressed when he sees quote to get that one over the line.

Fusebox do a double stack for dual tariff, rcbos as well for a good price. Fitting one shortly.
Yeah spotted that Bruce unfortunately only do the double stack ones. Think tennant would likely come home ----ed one night and knock themselves out hitting their head on it. My ones right above bloody door....proper pain finding one suitable at minute

I am eternally disappointed by companies not seeing the sense in making produce replacements actually compatible in terms of overall size and fixing holes with the previous product. Would make the choice for a replacement trivial to do!

I am eternally disappointed by companies not seeing the sense in making produce replacements actually compatible in terms of overall size and fixing holes with the previous product. Would make the choice for a replacement trivial to do!
Totally agree PC am spending a vast amount of time at the minute trying to find solutions to changing DB's/equipment where there's just been no fore thought will need replacing one day and no direct replacements for them

It was a few years ago when I saw it, but I'm sure someone makes custom boards.
They won't be Landlord friendly tho'.
I did wonder if you could just take any "high integrity" RCD board, swap the two RCDs for the manufacturer's DP switches, fit RCBOs instead of MCBs, and have your two sets of approved busbars all ready for such a dual tariff setup.

I did wonder if you could just take any "high integrity" RCD board, swap the two RCDs for the manufacturer's DP switches, fit RCBOs instead of MCBs, and have your two sets of approved busbars all ready for such a dual tariff setup.
That's probably doable with some manufacturers it's just being sure of it before making the purchases necessary

Having trouble find a a dual tariff DB suitable for set up for this property. Can find a 5x5 way board but not suitable as have 7 ways on peak supply side. If not is there any RCBO's that are compatible for this board? Thanks
[automerge]1600367772[/automerge]

See photo
Looks like Proteus do some Dual tariff boards in fairly wide configs (up to 12 way On and 6 way Off in single row) - Pg 63

Hager do dual tariff boards for split load or RCBO’s. Failing that make one up to suit. We have in the past?

Buy a wide enough board. Use multiple main switches and RCBO’s. (Haven’t fitted an RCD board in years). Know how to wire it up.

look in the Hager catalogue for ready made units.

if the landlord is penny pinching he’ll bulk at the cost of the job when there are so many limiting external factors on you. I’d not waste my time if I were you. Just a feeling I get.

Reply to Anyone know where can get dual tariff DB suitable for this or possibly RCBO's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net