Discuss Apprentices in the old days in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Didn't realise how popular these things are. I have a little bag clipped to my took bag and I've named it my lucky bag. It's been a God send on many occasions. No better feeling when you find the bit your looking for in there
When I got divorced I went back to collect some stuff out of the loft, I had a box full of useful bits and pieces the fecking cardboard box split and the contents went all over the landing grrrrrrr.

My ‘bag’o bits’ started small then got bigger and bigger, has never let me down and helped out many a-n-other. Hard to know when to stop though - no chance of going through it to sort it out, life’s too short!

My ‘bag’o bits’ started small then got bigger and bigger, has never let me down and helped out many a-n-other. Hard to know when to stop though - no chance of going through it to sort it out, life’s too short!
Deleted

I read it and understood it straight away - ashamed now!
Ours had the very inventive name “first drawer”!

Admit it, everyone still does it. Picking up random fittings and finding a home for them in a spare toolbox.
A recent visit to my dads, and he says tidy up the old stuff you left in my shed!
Home made wooden screwbox circa 1990... Full of bits and pieces i'd gleaned from jobs.... kept 'just in case'.... imperial sized conduit locknuts, M6 roofing nuts and bolts in varying lengths (unsorted, all in one compartment)... individual swa cable cleats.
2 duff AAA batteries and a key for a padlock I no longer have.

I still do it. I'm a self confessed hoarder. Much to wife's dismay.
Last week I found a padlock in my van.... If I keep it, one day, I might find the key.....

My dad does the same ... 3 quality street tins full of nails. Drove me insane. However without a doubt he can rumage and find the bits and bobs he needs.

As a young nipper it was my job to "have a clean up" whilst he's up on the roof. Got it all nice and organised back to a shut tup by the end of the week.

Method to the madness i suppose.

Reply to Apprentices in the old days in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net