Discuss Bradbury 2 post lift wiring help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

genius76

Hi all
need advice for bradbury 2 post lift
1 what should be the diameter of the cable, cable will be 25m long from lift to box
2 what should be the breaker

motor is 4.5kw

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_0018.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0017.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 10
Here is shaft drive lift, any help? 3 core 4 mm2 will be ok on 20~25 mitres?
And D16 breaker enough or needs D32

only advice i can give is to employ the services of an electrician. this is not DIY stuff.

Asked two questions, one for cable second for breaker
Cant found any questions about needing electrician or not

Hmmm but as you did not know the answer to your questions then you must need an electrician
You asked the question and the answer is ' you need an electrician '
Simple enough

Well, if you don't need an electrician, you do need to calculate the starting current of the motor, using your knowledge of motor and mechanical load characteristics and the starting arrangement used in this lift. Having determined the current and the acceptable voltage drop, and the likely upstream voltage drop from the Zpn at the DB, you can decide whether the tightest constraint is VD during starting, and hence whether the cable is to be sized on that or the load current. Then, size the MCB to satisfy both the starting, running and disconnection requirements having calculated Zs at the lift using your choice of CPC.

BTW, what phase-sequence interlock is used on this lift?

If we were asked this question by a qualified domestic installer our advice would be the same ..this is an industrial 3phase install we would fail in our duties if we started giving answers to these questions at DIY level..so as is resounding advice throughout this thread I also suggest you call in a competent Electrician familiar with industrial set-ups..don't throw your dummy out because you don't like our advice instead take it on board and pick the phone up and ring a local Electrician.

Apart from the advice given already regarding installation of the supply there are also other factors to consider with equipment of this nature
Limit switches for one.
You don't say if this is a new lift or 2nd hand, if the latter then you need to know how to carry out safety testing on this equipment, I have installed and worked on a few over the years and have also once seen one nearly kill an operator due to it collapsing under load only to find things had been bypassed.

It's okay, you can vank here below. Write a book, what are you smart and not up to answer the simple question. It seems to you that you are the ones and only?

Ok then, just bung in some spare 2.5mm T/E see if it works. a 63A breaker won't trip. muppet!

As you are a Mehanic (an Engineer of sorts) you of all people should know about been asked questions with limited info, if we hazard a guess and do all the working out for you it still might not be correct because you may have failed to give us some info which you might not realise or consider to be important... even if we gave you a correct answer the existing systems earthing to this board needs confirming with test equipment to proof what you have connected to is in sound condition and provides a good enough low impedance earth path to comply with tripping times.... that's why we cannot help you because through a forum, an install done requires testing before to confirm earth system is good and after to ensure the install is compliant as per design.

So what is the earth loop impedance of the dist' board shown in your pics? .... without this info we cannot design the circuit coming of it.

This is the DIY section if your swapping a switch or socket etc like for like then happy to help but the moment you start wiring new circuits then we are limited in our replies as unlike the old days all alterations, additions and new circuits require to be signed off including testing, to rig this ramp up yourself will mean the safety of any future use lies on your shoulders and if its been purchased 2nd hand it may not comply to modern regs and must be upgraded before connection by a competent person.

We are professionals and judge every question asked as we see it, it would be unprofessional for anyone on here to estimate the answers for you without knowing some of the questions I have put to you, In the main forum we are a little more relaxed in answering as it is usually Electricians, trainee's,Electrical Engineers etc asking so the testing side is assumed but we still ask to see their calcs so as not to design other peoples jobs or do their homework that not what we are here for.

You have come on here with no Electrical knowledge and asked us to design an install for you for free...sorry but we get payed to do that and don't do it as a free service on here so you will have seek someone local to do this for you.

Last edited:
if he's an engineer, why is he asking on a forum?

good reply. wonder if he'd be so free with helping us to design a ABS braking system as an upgrade on a 1980 RS2000.

good reply. wonder if he'd be so free with helping us to design a ABS braking system as an upgrade on a 1980 RS2000.

wonder? i done around several great difficult project, no one cost to owner. Because, interesting projects not about money. Unfortunately your imagination, not allows more, than sorry not for free!
Yeas i em electrician/mechanic unfortunately not on 3 phase installations.

confused.jpg..
wonder? i done around several great difficult project, no one cost to owner. Because, interesting projects not about money. Unfortunately your imagination, not allows more, than sorry not for free!

You claim to be an Electrician / Mechanic yet ask basic design criteria of a 3ph install this would suggest you are undertaking work you are not competent to do, you also must then have the correct meters to test the ELI of the existing set-up at the board you want to connect to so what is it? (I ask again)... if your a competent Electrician possibly domestic which I have my doubts from your responses then my advice still holds you are out of your field of experience and should not be taking on the work so again get a competent Electrician in to help you..... Please smell the coffee and stop been so defensive, your out of your depth and expect a free lunch ticket ... sorry we help those that help themselves not those who try con us.

You not an Electrician or you would have stated so in your profile and you would reply like one as well as not ask in the DIY section ...just because you have not got your answers that you wanted is no reason to start been offensive, the theory of 1ph and 3ph are all taught on a full 3-4 yr college course so you should as an Electrician as you claim be able to design this install as simple as it is.....

Reply to Bradbury 2 post lift wiring help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net