Discuss C/U change with housing Association in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

ok...maybe i was a bit brisk with my posting but as far as altering/adding to an existing installation without the owners prior knowledge and approval......still stands that does.....

Hi Glenn: I was'nt having a pop at you mate, far from it. I agree with everything you've said on the subject, I was just pointing out that testing had apparently been carried out prior to CU change.

no i know you wasn`t spesh....its just the foolishness of it all......as now this lot (the housing association) will use this as a means of exonerating themselves of any responsibility here as far as the heating and the damp issues are concerned....as in..."well i could report you for the heating and damp" and "well i could report YOU for the unautherised work carried out"......you can see how this one`s gonna pan out.......sad really........

Yep I think this may well be a painful learning curve for him & they could still report him to the LABC. Seems to have been a recurring theme today, people messing with things they should'nt.

Last edited by a moderator:
this threads interesting as my landlord wants me to change the consumer unit in my home but blankly said no as im not part p and if anyting goes down like the boiler i dont want the it was alrite before you touched it

this threads interesting as my landlord wants me to change the consumer unit in my home but blankly said no as im not part p and if anyting goes down like the boiler i dont want the it was alrite before you touched it
You could do it through your landlord paying the LABC fee and agree first to do a PIR. Any problems to be rectified while doing the CU change but you'll probably be opening a can of worms. It sounds like possibly more trouble than it's worth

Last edited by a moderator:
but you have the permission to undertake the work....should you wish to do so.....and thats the difference........so yes i can understand your consternation at being left without heating but an opportunity exists for part p evidence/inspection......you can also leave it till the new year as they have recinded the new rules for part p that they were proposing...(although i still think it will come into play sometime in the new year though)........i just wish that the O/P had done it this way though rather than just rushing in and then gaining some kind of "post authorisation" from the owner....as this has set the tempo for any future cooperation....i.e...none......

Last edited:
thing is n all......my boss n i do a lot of work for landlords, letting agents n all that lot and i can assure you now that the standards of accomodation from most of em is crap...period!....the wireing is bad, the diversity is poor and the fittings are often shot......nearly everyone we go in.......1s and 2s all over the place....there were supposedly rules (enforced) as to the standards being offered by some of these characters.......bugger all being enforced in the places we see.......

Glenn I understand what you're saying mate but that's supposedly only in the private letting sector. The rules are usually followed by social housing providers as they're not (supposedly) doing it for profit

Reply to C/U change with housing Association in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net