Discuss can anyone pm me proper 17th ed past exam papers (not ebay)? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

shakin2011

my test is tomorrow and need to go over a mock exam, ive already done a few like the ebay one's but there full of mistakes. Ive also done the 2 in the 'exam success' city&guilds, if possible could you provide me with something like the latter?

thx alot again! :)

Haven't got any I'm afraid but for what its worth the exam is about knowing how to find the answers not knowing what the answers are. So look at the questions you have and learn where to look you only need the multichoice answers if the question is ambiguous and only one possible answer is in the list or if you want to guess ;-) .

So one tip might be that as a general rule (or so I was told) the exam questions tend to start at the beginning of the book and work to the end. So its unlikely the answer to Q1 in an appendix.

Unless you really know the answer look it up, you should be able to pick key words from the questions and just look them up in the index. If you can do this well you can pass the exam without knowing anything (honestly)

There will be questions on fundamentals of regs pg12/13 symbols 35-36 definitions pg 20-27 know the pages easy marks

Be calm in the exam, don't get flustered if you cann't find an answer move on and go back to it later (more than likely there will be loads of questions to come that you will know and that will help you relax a bit) Same with calcuations, if you are nervous about them go back to them later . You don't need to get 100% (although it would be good) so don't dwell on the odd question

Without wishing to state the obvious if you are running out of time and if all else fails guess (they'll never know ;-) and I believe the exam is not negatively marked so getting it wrong is the same as not having a go), however usually you should be able to eliminate a couple through common sense / existing knowledge.

If you have looked up the answers to lots of questions you should be OK in the exam, as I implied early the exam does not show you in any way to be competent at anything other than being able to find an answer quickly and knowing where to look. (now if you could do the exam without looking in the book...). Looks from your posts like you have done lots of questions so ...

Good luck let us know how you get on

If you have looked up the answers to lots of questions you should be OK in the exam, as I implied early the exam does not show you in any way to be competent at anything other than being able to find an answer quickly and knowing where to look.

Good advice, and that's it really, here's a test, here's a book with the answers, find them :)

The best thing I did when I did the update course was to go through the BRB and put post it notes at the main sections and the rest just used the index. It was really easy to do, had 20mins left at the end of the "test". You will be fine like the other guys say, you just need to know how to find the information. Hope this helps

Last edited:
The best thing I did when I did the update course was to go through the BRB and put post it notes at the main sections and the rest just used the index. It was really easy to do, had 20mins left at the end of the "test". You will be fine like the other guys say, you just need to know how to find the information. Hope this helps

Fully agree with the 'post its' tip....I did exactly the same thing.speeds things up no end...........and 100% result smug tw@..........

Reply to can anyone pm me proper 17th ed past exam papers (not ebay)? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net