• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Challenger panel in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Italy9327

DIY
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I’m a new homeowner and a new dad! I recently just built myself an office on my property and I wanted to run electricity to it.

I currently have the dreaded challenger panel and I wanted to know what breakers I can use with this panel?

I plan to run some lights and several outlets that will power a small portable ac unit and maybe a fridge.

Anyway, I was hoping someone could lead me in the direction of compatible breakers for my challenger panel. I’ve attached my panel label:ECDC83B4-712F-42E9-BD3E-CA441C137515.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Megawatt

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I’m a new homeowner and a new dad! I recently just built myself an office on my property and I wanted to run electricity to it.

I currently have the dreaded challenger panel and I wanted to know what breakers I can use with this panel?

I plan to run some lights and several outlets that will power a small portable ac unit and maybe a fridge.

Anyway, I was hoping someone could lead me in the direction of compatible breakers for my challenger panel. I’ve attached my panel label:
The sticker inside the cover has the recommended breakers for your panel. That’s a new one I’ve never heard of that name brand

Megawatt

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Anyway, I was hoping someone could lead me in the direction of compatible breakers for my challenger panel. I’ve attached my panel label:
The picture is blurry and I can’t read it or I’m getting old

norcal

-
Reaction score
Eaton BR has two model numbers, BR 120, & C 120, for example, the "BR" for the BR line, "C" is for Challenger, with the 3 numbers following the 1st number is the number of poles, & the numbers following for the ampere rating of the breaker, the above example is a single pole 20A breaker, it is the OEM replacement breaker for Challenger.

Reply to Challenger panel in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net