Discuss Changing Immersion heater control - linking terminals in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Davidjlondon

I need to change an immersion heater timer control and plan to replace my current control unit (which doesn't have a boost button) to a Horstmann Electronic 7. The installation instructions are in the link below.

http://www.horstmann.co.uk/download...ting/Electronic7-InstallationInstructions.pdf

In these instructions it says link terminals 4 and 5 when using a single immersion heater. What does that mean? Assuming I have Live Out going from either Terminal 4 or Terminal 5 do I just cut a small length of wire and run it across from terminal 4 to terminal 5?

Thanks in advance

Are you an electrician?

Does your immersion heater have an off-peak element as well as the main element?

What that means is that you are using the same element for on and off peak , the actual controller you have can control 2 elements that you find on some tanks , and then the link is not required because each element has its own live out..

Reply to Changing Immersion heater control - linking terminals in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all Have had a request from customer that would like their immersion heater controlled via a Nest. It has standard 2 elements and is not on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have normal fused immersion heater switch. I would like to add a smart wifi switch to it so when my Solar is producing over 3k spare, going...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Horstmann e7bx water heater boost controller for my immersion heater which I want to replace with a timeguard trtd7n timer which...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a slightly mish-mash heating set up, in that downstairs I have wet underfloor heating with an individual thermostat per room, but...
Replies
Views
Hi all, As an electrically illiterate person I've found a lot of the posts on this forum helpful when fixing things round the house. I was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock