Discuss City and Guilds 2330 Level 2 & 3 Fast track! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tony999

Hi

Just wondered if anybody could give me some advice. I have nearly 2 years experience as working as an electrical improver. I'm 35 years old so an apprentice is not an option because of the low wage and evening courses are generally 6pm to 9pm and wouldnt make the class on time from work. So I was thinking of doing a fast track course.

Would this type of course be to difficult for someone with only 2 years expereince as an electrical improver? If so is there any book or free e learnig courses I can do before i sign up for the couse to improve my chances of passing.

Worried about risking all that money and failing.

Has anyone done one of these fast track courses? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Tony

hi im doing the train 4 trades skills done the whole course in 2 years at my own pace on line as well so easier then going to collage in the evening if you want any more details please email me i will try to answer any questions you have many thanks andy

Tony, when you say fast track do you mean that you are doing day release for two years (aka intensive course) or are you doing it in a matter of months?

On another note. If you have 2 years experience as an improver you will find the practical stuff a bit boring. The theory side will be very interesting for you but its a lot to learn. No need to spend time or money on any other training, just buy the books that the college tell you + the ones that we recommend and read them until the print fades, you'll be ok.

Iv got level 2&3 2391 17th Part p and im still sat at home waiting for the phone to ring :S
Spend your money wisely young sky walker :)

Last edited by a moderator:
nay good , you should advertise for wooden flooring and skirten boards and loads of other stuff then cross sell, cause you can probably do it, even bit of tilling
Iv got level 2&3 2391 17th Part p and im still sat at home waiting for the phone to ring :S
Spend your money wisely young sky walker :)

Do your 17th and possibly the 2392 both can be done on a weekend course, then join napit who will give you conditional membership untill you have been to there centre for a skill test over 5 days you will come out with te equivilant qual.....that was info straight from the field officer

Hi
Thanks for that, wasnt aware there were courses like that! So you can do as much or as little as you like? Eg one day a week sitting at your computer? Was it expensive?
So the computer tells you when you are ready to go down the test centre and be tested? How do you do the practical? Thanks for that, ive gone on their site and requeted more info. Cheers

someone told me i do the 17th edition (2382-20) and the 2391 testing certificate then i could go into a job testing? But surely they would want a qualified electrian for this with the C&G 2330 Level 1 and 2?
I,m a bit confused with this 17th edition thing as people are calling it all different things. Eg 2391, 2382, 2392, part p Are these all different?
Thanks for you help with all this
Tony

someone told me i do the 17th edition (2382-20) and the 2391 testing certificate then i could go into a job testing? But surely they would want a qualified electrian for this with the C&G 2330 Level 1 and 2?
I,m a bit confused with this 17th edition thing as people are calling it all different things. Eg 2391, 2382, 2392, part p Are these all different?
Thanks for you help with all this
Tony

Right the
2382 - 17th edition just mean you know how to use the index of the regs
2392 - Is the Level 2 Inspecting and Testing Course (Single Phase, So I'm lead to believe)
2391 - Is the Level 3 Inspecting and Testing Course
Part P - Just mean you've done a course on Building Regulation in Dwellings (I think I've not done it so not 100%)

You've also got
2356 - NVQ Level 3
2330 - Electrical Installation Levels 2 & 3 Which to be honest (and not wishing to offend) is the basic qualification for any electrician (House Bashing Excluded)

I suppose you could just do the 17th and 2391 but I don't think you'd get a job and I wouldn't like to stand infront of a coroner and argue you were qualified if it went wrong.
As per
610 of the Regs (1.2 Page 14 Guidance note 3)
The inspector carrying out the inspection and testing of any electrical installation must, (610.5) as appropriate to his or her function, have a sound knowledge and experience relevant to the nature of the installation being inspected and tested.

Last edited:
If you do a search on the forum you will see that to become a JIB graded electrician you will need

2330 L2 & L3
NVQ L3
17th Edition

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Surely you must have to attend some practical sessions though????
hi lenny yes as andy has said i was on the same course we did the practical at atl in worcester i have since finished the course ,defined scope part p part p,17th eddition regs,pat testing, 2330 level 2 2392 inspection and testing

Reply to City and Guilds 2330 Level 2 & 3 Fast track! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net