Discuss Daddy and/or mummy job hunting for their child in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The main issue is schools today aren’t preparing children for the real world, too much molly cuddling and silly expectations. I guess parents can foresee this and stand in to help guide their children where the school system failed.

There also isn’t as many opportunities or jobs available like there was back in the day, I guess parents want the best and are willingly to go the extra mile to help.

The main issue is schools today aren’t preparing children for the real world, too much molly cuddling and silly expectations. I guess parents can foresee this and stand in to help guide their children where the school system failed.

There also isn’t as many opportunities or jobs available like there was back in the day, I guess parents want the best and are willingly to go the extra mile to help.

Schools should be preparing kids by ensuring they have the core knowledge to build on in life.

It is not schools job to prepare them for life. That is the parents' job.

Too many people these days looking for someone else to blame for failing their kids.

Schools should be preparing kids by ensuring they have the core knowledge to build on in life.

It is not schools job to prepare them for life. That is the parents' job.

Too many people these days looking for someone else to blame for failing their kids.

The main failure is the fact that the thicko’s of society are the ones over breeding, the more intelligent folk aren’t having kids or less of them due to circumstance or money.

Debbie from the council estate doesn’t worry about this because we as society will bail her out with benefits and a free home. Her poor parenting and lack of intelligence are then passed on to her kids and then the story goes around again and again.

The main issue is schools today aren’t preparing children for the real world, too much molly cuddling and silly expectations.

Hit, nail and head springs to mind

It all "started" going wrong when kids weren't allowed to "compete" at school sports day and "every one" has to be a winner....

@Murdoch

I think you'll find it all began in the eighties due to what was dubbed the fergie effect (the ginger woman not the ex Man U manager)..

Her wedding fell on the same day parliament went to vote on corporal punishment in schools, it was expected to win a big majority in favour of keeping it, then the streets clogged up with a royal wedding and many couldn't make it to vote or just realised it wasn't worth trying so we ended up with a surprising vote down and thus the standards of education could be seen to fall sharply after a short period of calm, once kids realised they could answer back and challenge teachers we lost the battle.

There's another side to the "kids don't respect adults these day" argument.

Back in the past, when children were disciplined properly, there was healthy competition, and teachers had control of a class room.....

There was also abuse that went unreported. Because children were scared to say anything.

It wasn't better in the past. It was the same, we just didn't know about it back then.

I started my career this way so I’m going to have to disagree with the OP.
When I was 18 my grandfather arranged for me to have an interview with the local building company for the position of apprentice electrician.
Without him dong that I wouldn’t be where I am today or who I am today.
I can ditto that also, my father spoke to a good family friend, took me on as a Saturday boy, school holidays, the rest is history.

Reply to Daddy and/or mummy job hunting for their child in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock