Discuss Definition of Faults in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lee Kerr

Hey Guys
I am working on my NVQ level 3 and i know what these faults are but im looking for a better definition of these faults below could someone please give me a hand thanks

Overload
Earth Leakage
Open circuit
Short Circuit
Incomplete Circuit
Over-sensitvie RCD
High Resistance Joint

Thanks Guys
Lee Kerr

An overcurrent in an otherwise sound electrical system.
Current leaked to the earth conductor either by an appliance in normal operation, or where there is an earth fault.
Break in a conductor of a circuit.
A fault wher the two conductors of a circuit are connected at a point before the load.
See open circuit.
An RCD that trips with very low levels of earth leakage.
A joint or connection where resistance is higher than that of the conductors that are joined.

Reply to Definition of Faults in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, I've got a job where I'm installing dado trunking on the floor of an office for sockets and data. Some info on job - In total I will be...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have my AM2 fault finding resit on Friday and just wondering if anyone has any top tips as I don’t get to do any fault finding...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just to let everyone know that I did my AM2 last week and I only failed on the fault finding part. I was very confident before going...
Replies
Views
A quick search for earth tape didn't come up with much, though this thread was of interest. I'll start by mentioning that I've led a sheltered...
Replies
Views
Someone asked about abbreviations used here. So I tried to copy a list I made elsewhere: A/C Air Conditioning AC Alternating Current ACB...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock