Discuss Diehl inverters and DC optimisers in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

MrBod

-
Reaction score
Hello We are intending to get a PV installation on our roof and I am in the process of getting some quotes. We have a south facing roof with some shading due to a dormer. An installer visited last night to discuss our requirements and quote. We discussed DC optimisers to help with the shading issues and he thought that they might well be helpful, but did not know of any which had achieved MCS approval yet. Can anyone shed any light on if there are any approved ones as yet? He also mentioned that a Diehl Platinum inverter might be suitable for us. This is not a brand that I have read much about in my research. Any good or bad opinions on them? Thanks in advance.

I know nothing on DC optimisation but we fit a number of Diehl inverters. Platinum 3800S and 4300S current limit to 16amps (3.68kW) so meet the G83 requirements on a majority of 4kW systems. Excluding some Sanyo panels for example. 10yr warranty as standard, German manufacture, clear display, simple for a user to access information and with code for service engineer to read fault codes etc, broad voltage range. Down side. Heavy as hell, can be noisy so install in an area away from a bedroom, living room etc. remote monitor is hard wired (CAT5). For the money they give the rest a good run! I consider them in the same grade as SMA Sunnyboy and Fronius. But there again i don't buy in to the myth that Sunnyboy is the best either. You could get far far worse than the Diehl range.

Reply to Diehl inverters and DC optimisers in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net