Discuss DIN mounted timer for storage heater?? in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mikec1

Hi I'm new to the forum and hope to get some advice please.

My daughter has economy 7 supply to her apartment and storage heaters that currently are not connected to any off peak supply / switch or timer only the hot water has an off peak supply.

There are 3 seperate 16A mcbs for the heaters, rather than converting the heaters fused outlets to sockets and using programmable timers could DIN mounted timers be used as a straight replacement for each MCB?

Thanks in advance
Mike

Hi and welcome :)

In response to your question, provided I have understood it correctly, no, a timer couldn't be utilised as a direct replacement for an MCB. You could use an MCB protected DIN rail timer in conjunction with a contactor for the supply of a seperate board feeding the storage heater circuits?

Reply to DIN mounted timer for storage heater?? in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Off-peak consumer board supplying storage heaters has no RCD protection. Does this require upgrading to comply with latest landlord regulations.
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
I am asking on behalf of a friend who has an outbuilding that he uses as an art studio, the building is fully insulated and is currently heated by...
Replies
Views
Been round to a house to quote to replace some storage heaters for new panel heaters and came across a strange (to me at least) way of wiring the...
Replies
Views
I own a top floor tenement flat that I used to live in and then rented out after I married. It is currently empty whilst some work is being done...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock