Discuss Domestic EICR and covid 19 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I can see that gas servicing could be deemed essential. I can’t see that carrying out an EICR is repairs or maintenance, unless the premise has been subject to recent accidental damage, e.g. a fire.

However, your employer is the judge of that, and will be responsible if you working causes unnecessary health issues.

thanks for all the advice , im certainly not keen on either passing the virus around (if its that i had) or getting it . i think i will follow Andy78 advice and ask for the full written confirmation , i may end up just refusing to work as i consider it the morally right thing to do.
Please consider all of this carefully too. If you suspect your employer may try to bin you over this, then it may be wise to get union and CAB advice first.

I would contact Public Health England, seek some guidance on your dilemma.
You could give this guidance to your employer.

However, you work for your employer, under your terms of contract. If you will need to follow their absence from work conditions.

PS Acas is a good source of guidance on work place matters, including the current situation. They even have a helpline;

I also asked NICEIC as im a QS for my employer there. they sent this back

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 13.59.05.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 89
Please consider all of this carefully too. If you suspect your employer may try to bin you over this, then it may be wise to get union and CAB advice first.
I think a better approach is for the OP to talk to his employer so that both parties can better understand the situation, WITHOUT becoming militant with talk of unions, CAB etc. and 'binning' people.

I also asked NICEIC as im a QS for my employer there. they sent this back

Hmmm, what are the requirements for landlords on when to carry out an EICR. I thought it was before a new occupation, or are these non domestic situations? Could these be arranged to be done when the property is unoccupied?

This is very early days into this 'lock down'. Its new ground that we are all treading on, including employers responsibilities. They are not going to get it right from the off, and we are in this situation for a long period of time.

there are no legal requirements other than landlord and tenant act 1985 which places a duty to keep the property in a good state of repair , we comply to this (electrically) by an EICR on change of tenant and at 5 year intervals.
There is a new law making these compulsory which comes into force July 1st 2020

Reply to Domestic EICR and covid 19 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net