Discuss EICR Form question re multiple CUs at origin in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wizbit

-
Reaction score
Hi,
just a practical question re the filling on of a 'standard' Dom EICR form..

Take a domestic installation where alongside the main CU at the orgin sit 2 other DBs (later additions just feeding a couple of circuits each, all internal to the house) All 3 are sitting next to each other with therefore 3 sets of tails running from a henley, (which thankfully comes from a DNO Isolation Switch making life easy!) So ie, there are no actual 'Distribution Circuits' and all 3 DBs are at the orgin..

My Q is...what's good practice for this when it comes to filling out the EICR in that when it comes to 'Particulars at the Origin' I've therefore got 3 different 'Main Switch/CBs' to fill in just for that section..would anyone out there doing regular EICRs just put the other two on an additional page?

and for the SoC and SoTR would you bother using two Continuation Sheets for the 2 small DBs or just shove everything onto the one page on the EICR?

Cheers

By practical question - do you mean college question? Or, do you mean you've come across this somewhere?

If it's the latter, bizarre way of installing - why didn't they just upgrade the CU to a larger capacity one...

Anyway, when it comes to the inspection schedule if you notice it says 'Consumer Unit(s) and Distribution Board(s)' - so if theres something wrong with one of the 3, it goes down as a C1,2,3 on the Outcome.

Filling out the schedule of test results....depends on how many ways you've got. Most cert's have about 15/16 lines. If you've got less than that, you can include them on 1. e.g.

1. CU 1 RCD(main switch w.e)
2. Ring
3. Radial
4. Lights
5. CU 2 RCD(main switch w.e)
6. Ring
7. Radial
8. Lights
9. CU 3 RCD (main switch w.e)
10. Ring
11. Radial
12. Lights

and so on. If there's not enough room, additional page(s) will be required.

when it comes to 'Particulars at the Origin' I've therefore got 3 different 'Main Switch/CBs' to fill in just for that section..would anyone out there doing regular EICRs just put the other two on an additional page?

no , you havent got 3 main switches , you've got 1 , the device that the DNO provided that isolates all CU's.

;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Filling out the schedule of test results....depends on how many ways you've got. Most cert's have about 15/16 lines. If you've got less than that, you can include them on 1. e.g.

1. CU 1 RCD(main switch w.e)
2. Ring
3. Radial
4. Lights
5. CU 2 RCD(main switch w.e)
6. Ring
7. Radial
8. Lights
9. CU 3 RCD (main switch w.e)
10. Ring
11. Radial
12. Lights

and so on. If there's not enough room, additional page(s) will be required.

thats a whole 6 pack of fail !

1 SOTR for each DB/CU.
trying to squeeze 2 or 3 on 1 sheet is just amateur hour.
;-)

Whenever I have done similar, I fill in one set of particulars for the supply characteristics, one set of SoIs, and a separate sheet SoTr for each CU/DB.

This is unless the client specifically asks for a separate set of SoIs for each DBs circuits.

Last edited:
thats a whole 6 pack of fail !

1 SOTR for each DB/CU.
trying to squeeze 2 or 3 on 1 sheet is just amateur hour.
;-)

Maybe amature hour, but it's not wrong :) so i think the 6pack of fail, is slightly harsh.

Mr.Elecsa seems happy with a few i've done like that.

been thought an amature by you biff is nothing new so i'll live with it :)

oh please , spare me the sob story.
and Elec who ?

:).

Sorry biff... i wouldn't expect the HNC upper-class to remember what it's like to live in the real world of electrics ;)

Biff, now please, can you stop been on police mode lol it's going to be a long night on the forum with you on the prowl ready to kill.

:)

By practical question - do you mean college question? Or, do you mean you've come across this somewhere?

If it's the latter, bizarre way of installing - why didn't they just upgrade the CU to a larger capacity one...

Its something I've come across..friends who have just moved house...got about every single issue you could think of in a 1955 house, with a hell of a lot of scary DIY elecs done since then!..but anyhow, my thought exactly..which is what I'm going to be doing over time...new CU, consolidating the lot into one CU etc...it just got me thinking about all the different options re an EICR form..:smiley2: Thanks

Must admit biff55, that was my instinct on this one...even though there's plenty of room on initial form (its a small installation - despite having 3 CUs!)
Its not the circuit details so much I'm thinking of it's this business of the MS details..take the Dom NIC form..you've got one box for one MS...so would you start each SoC/SoTR with the MS details?

Reply to EICR Form question re multiple CUs at origin in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net