Discuss Eicr,I never like these in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

These are ok, but I always worry that I might accidentally release the conductors when cramming them into whatever is enclosing them. I prefer the lever 221s myself.

If the cable comes forward into the enclosure I do usually use 221s, but where the cable is trimmed right back to the wall and you only have an inch or so of exposed wire and limited space, then the 224 comes into its own

Thanks for all comments ,all cabling needs to be connected in appropriate enclosure,the wall light is not an enclosure.
Cables can be seen when light is fitted & also the danger of causing a fault when re-fitting light.
Agree with all & pondering C3 or C2,the difference there is unsatisfactory or satisffactory status.

Last edited:
all cabling needs to be connected in appropriate enclosure,the wall light is not an enclosure.
If the wall light is a metallic class 2 one, then I'd agree, the terminations would need to be in one of those supplied tiny plastic boxes to insulated them from the metal casing. But looking at your picture it appears to be earthed, so I'm assuming class 1? In which case I don't see any problem with the connections being made in the base (again I'm assuming a hollow metallic base).

Code 2,says it all really.
[automerge]1601191955[/automerge]
Another one bites the dust ?

Attachments

• B1AFF681-73E8-4A49-B3AD-34C23E1E79AC.png
    317.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 96093E12-004A-4B35-A832-C83822883AF6.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 43
Code 2,says it all really.
[automerge]1601191955[/automerge]
Another one bites the dust ?
The three paragraphs you have selected from BPG4 wouldn't apply in the case of your original post because:

1. Single insulated conductors are not accessible to touch or likely to come into contact with metalwork
2. Connections are made within an enclosure according to BS7671. Read carefully the regulation I posted at #11
3. No fire barrier has been breached

With this in mind, please explain how you think this is a C2 - potentially dangerous?

The three paragraphs you have selected from BPG4 wouldn't apply in the case of your original post because:

1. Single insulated conductors are not accessible to touch or likely to come into contact with metalwork
2. Connections are made within an enclosure according to BS7671. Read carefully the regulation I posted at #11
3. No fire barrier has been breached

With this in mind, please explain how you think this is a C2 - potentially dangerous?
Could be potentially dangerous,& definitely a fire hazard.

Reply to Eicr,I never like these in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net