Discuss electrical appliance installation certs. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

redrocket10000

Hi guy's, Had a call yesterday from a kitchen fitter whos having a bit of bother with a customer, he didnt go back to re-grout some tiles so the customer called in some company called home care, who made a list of things wrong with their property i.e. dis-board not up to current regs., cupboard doors are wrong etc,etc. This brings me to the point in question, they have noted that there is no electrical appliance installation cert. Has any body come across these? cant see the point when all appliances came with 13 amp plug plus I've never heard of them..please excuse my ignorance if they are out there

it would look like "Home care " are touting for work Amtch havent got an "Appliance Installation cert" on the fast test Never seen one Sounds like Home care have done a general quicklook snagging list
If you wanted a MWC would suffice to say Appliance installed

Aye Mogga my initial thought was touting also, should call themselves hammer house of cares IMO they way they petrify customers into spending. thanks for that anyways

ONE LARGE RETAIL CHAIN WHO SEND OUT GUYS TO "INSTALL" COOKERS REALY GET MY GOAT UP THEY HAD A FRIENDS MOTHER IN TEARS NOT CONNECTING HER COOKER AS THEY SAID IT WAS "ILLEGAL" TO CONNECT TO ANYTHING BAR A SPUR
I PHONED THEIR GAFFER AND ASKED WHAT HIS MOB WERE PLAYING AT ENDED UP COMPLAINING TO HnS AS THESE GUYS ARENT QUALIFIED TO PULL UP THEIR FLIES imo

Just a made up form.

knew a spark that had a "MEBUC" and several others he knocked up (main equi bonding upgrade cert) - nowt to stop anyone doing a Light pendant replacement cert either.

I mentioned this on another thread about forms, they're just a format for information. Its the information thats important not the form. A letterhead would do for most things

Reply to electrical appliance installation certs. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net