Discuss Emergency lighting conversion or not to? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mark_Burgess

Has anyone used or come into contact with the EM light conversions like these TLC EM Conversion basically are they actually any good and last a few years?

I have a office referb coming up and "they" have heard of these to put in the fluorescent lights at the top of the stairs, I think a Non-maintained with suitable legend at top, middle landing and Bottom would be better (2 tier stairway).

So, if any one has had a bad experience with those conversion jobbies please speak up:D

Thanks

Same here, I would replace the fitting. Otherwise if any of the original control gear fails they will call back you as you were the last there.

There is just a hole in the floor with about a 12 foot drop :eek: no stairs yet.

I felt iffy standing near it earlier, I hate heights. Thing is I have to wait for the........ wait for it............ Plasterer, aka suspended ceiling man, aka "I can do it" to get the grid up. :rolleyes:

Actually, I wonder if he told them about the conversion packs.

conversion packs are great if manufacturer doesnt do the particular fitting in an emergency version any Iv fitted come with wiring diagrames for various applications and have been a dawdle to fit there are also firms you can send fittings to and they fit packs for you as for posistion bear in mind the maintainabilty of equipment and acceess to fittings specialy when fitting over stair you wont be able to lean a ladder against a finished wall and depending on stair and ceeling scaffold may be a pain might be better to fit waall mounted fittings

Reply to Emergency lighting conversion or not to? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net