Discuss EPC on commercial buildings in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

saint

-
Reaction score
I am booked onto a DEA course in a couple of weeks so we can do our own EPC's. But it just so happens our first job agreed post 1st April is on a commercial building. I assume i wont be able to do the EPC on this building or am i wrong?

So looks like we will have to sub out our first EPC for this commercial property. Anyone know what price we should be looking to pay for a commercial EPC? Domestic EPC seem to be ranging between £50 - £150 but i expect commercial EPC's will be higher.

thanks

depends on the building, you need level 4+ assessor for commercial and this can go a lot higher than £1,000 and on large scale closer to £3,000 if you want to demonstrate savings of different technologies installed.

I cant get my head round why a commercial building needs this yet, but a packhouse with compressors etc, if it doesnt make the grade does it still get the 9p per kw tariff? HAs anyone had a packhouse done yet, as we have a customer who wants a 50kw system on a roof and we are just getting involved now and there are questions i dont quite know the answers to. such as costs etc

I think your building (pack house) maybe EPC exempt under Building regs Part L 2A which determine what buildings are exempt from EPC requirement. I do not have it to hand but certain places of work (such as yours) are exempt.

Those standard exemptions from the need for an EPC do not apply in the case of FiTs. DECC have written their rules to include all buildings that have any form of heating or cooling that uses energy.

The only exemption that does apply is if you can get an (N)DEA to write a letter saying that it is impossible to generate an EPC for the building and stating the reasons.

Reply to EPC on commercial buildings in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net