D

daniel hill

hi all
have a small problem
there is no continuity on the blackl
i have droped all the fronts of and all connections are tight
check all the jb and all connections are tight
i dont no what else to do
i possibley think it is a broken wire(ovious i no) or connectors in the wall and just bin plasterd over possibley as have come across it before
how would i test this to find it just megger the lega and if no continewity bingo that the faulty wire

cheers lads n ladies

danny

Last edited by a moderator:
Best way to trace where the break has occured is to split the ring in half. Your continuity readings from that point will show you which side of the ring the break is on (hopefully there`ll be just one) & then just work back towards the CU from there.

Reply to faulty ring main in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys. Having a weird problem in a house that has suddenly happened. One half of the ring main has 240ish volts (fluctuates of course), and...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
I have come to extend a ring main on the old wiring (red and black) and have used the wago 222 connectors to extend each leg and extended each leg...
Replies
Views
Hey there, Sorry I’ve just joined up. I’m a qualified electrician/Electrical engineer. Recently sat my 2391-52. My question is I had a fault...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock