Discuss First Anniversary Generation figures in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Today my 4kw system has reached its 1[SUP]st[/SUP] anniversarywith a pleasing 3338 KwH generated in last 12 months. System is 16 Hyundai 250Wpanels facing due west and SMA 4000TL.

This is some 433w over the SAP, which I suppose is normnowadays. My friends 4Kw system, which is split equally east, & westreached its first anniversary recently with a total generation of 2935KwH,which from memory is pretty close to the SAP he was given.

Looking forward to the next 12 months when hopefully theweather here in north Essex will be little more the norm with far sunnier days.Annual rainfall in this area is normally less than Beirut or Jerusalem but overthe last year it has like most areas in the UK been somewhat different.

Thanks Brightaspark, be good if others could post 1st Anniversary figures too so we could use this thread as a repository (and take any discussions about a particular installation to another thread :) )

Thanks for the feedback. I am also in north Essex in a village called great yeldham and have a 3.92kw south facing system that was installed on March 26th and we have also reached 3338kwh today.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the feedback. I am also in north Essex in a village called great yeldham and have a 3.92kw south facing system that was installed on March 26th and we have also reached 3338kwh today.

Today my 4kw system has reached its 1[SUP]st[/SUP] anniversarywith a pleasing 3338 KwH generated in last 12 months.
This is some 433w over the SAP, which I suppose is normnowadays.

3338kWh generated compared to SAP of 2905kWh is 15% outperformance of SAP.

My system, a 3.75kWp facing, ESE, 40' slope in Cambridgeshire (an adjacent county to Essex), is currently 13% above the seasonally-adjusted SAP estimate, so is pretty close to the 15% outperformance of your system, give or take that mine has a couple of months to go for its full-year and much of its time so far has been this horrible weather of 2012!

Mine has 15x 250W Kinve KV250-60Monocrystalline panels (strings of 7+8; same orientation) and PowerOne 3600 indoor-model inverter.

My SAP target was reached in mid-October (installed Jan). Currently up to 3140kWh, would expect to be up around 3350 by its anniversary in a couple of months time.

Thanks Worcester - good idea and should give members confidence that their systems are performing ok. Willl be interesting to see how things develop as installations age etc.

I will post some figures from another friend (yes I have two) whose 3.75Kw system SE facing is due to get to its first anniversary shortly

SW Scotland (DG7) 18 x Kioto Panels and Aurora3.8OUT(3.6KW) facing SSE minor shading. 20 October was 1 year 3028 KWH was expecting 2800 ish .

Norwich outskirts-16x240w Sanyo panels facing about 10 degrees west of south, with slight shading when the sun is low. 3683 on gen meter on OCT 4th but 3880 as SAP quote(always suspected it should be 3380)

As per Jan-Feb 2012; I'm really noticing the drop-off on my panels at the moment - the sun doesn't even sit opposite the panels at any point in the day, and is behind the panels before 2pm.
The SAP - and other estimations - definitely need an extra category for ESE or WSW as the solar potential in winter really does decline.

If my roof were various facings, the annual generation would be expected to be:

South: 3650

SSE or SSW: 3600 (98% of South)

SE or SW: 3400 (93% of South)

ESE or WSW: 3150 (86% of South; 93% of SE or SW)

E or W: 2850 (78% of South; 90% of ESE or WSW)

On sites such as PVOutput, the lack of discrimination between ESE and SE (7% difference) or WSW and SW (same difference) can cause a big distortion in expectations. This is even worse if someone who is SSE puts themself down as SE as they are likely to be 13% ahead of an ESE system, despite both being listed as SE).

Northern Cairngorms National Park. South facing, 45deg inclination, no shading. 15 x Sanyo HIT 245w = 3.675kwP plus Power One inverter. 12 month output = 3375kwh. SAP2005 = 3008kwh

It is generally recognised that on average a well designed and located system will outperform SAP by 10%.

I have just reached the first anniversary of installation today - the generation meter is showing 3800.3kWh compared to estimate of 3241 : 17% above estimate :clap:

I have Sharp ND-R250 panels, 10 facing South & 6 West, with a SunnyBoy 3600-TL inverter. Located in Hitcham, Suffolk.

The start of this year has been a bit slow, but looking brighter ahead. Thanks to all the informative posts on this forum - this is my first post but I read most days!

1st year figures, 16 x 250 watt Sanyo panels, Sunnyboy SB3300 inverter, few degrees off south facing 30 deg slope.

Yearly figure 3830.

Good result and very pleased with that.

3KWp Solar PV System: 12 x Suntech STP250S-20/Wd, SMA 3000TL inverter.
Year 1 Generation: 2583 KWh, 31 Degree, SSW (10 Degrees West Of Due South).
Estimates: PVGIS Solar Radiation Database (Estimate): PVGIS-CMSAF: 2500 KWh, SAP: 2475 KWh.
Actual: 4.3% > SAP, 3.32% > PVGIS-CMSAF.

Last edited:
3.75kw Sanyo Hit 250w/ Sunny Boy 4000tl.
Annual reading Nov to Nov: 4030kwh.
Facing just off south.

1st Anniversary today ,except that my system was actually installed on 29 Feb in the leap year.

Generation 3558 kWh vs 3021 kWh SAP - 17.8% above expectation. Very happy.

System of 17 x230 LDK panels with Aurora Power One inverter. Declared net capacity 3.91 kW. Installed in Cheshire facing SSW.

4 kWp system in SE Hants - generated 4080 kWh in its first year. Climate-SAF PVGIS prediction is 4140. SAP is 3434. Considerable shading in the summer before 10:30 so all-in-all pretty pleased .

East Devon, SE facing, 30deg roof, no shading.
10x JA Solar 235W panels, Fronius IG20 inverter.
March 2nd 2012 to March 2nd 2013: 1990kWh. (SAP = 1807kWh).

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is our 1st year anniversary of our 3.92kw 16 x sharp 245 watt panels with sma 3600tl inverter south facing 40 degree system. Sap calc was 3420 and actual generation was 4015kw so very happy. Its been exceptionally dull for several months so think we could have easily acheived 4500 in a normal year.

Reply to First Anniversary Generation figures in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net