Discuss Get your installation price back? Scam or genuine business model? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

They are not real or mcs ..subbie all the work on to mcs companys, they do their own telcan and look for victims with cash make the appointment, do the pressure selling, price drops and saps calcs are out of this world...not forgetting the 360 money back offer...

They are not real or mcs ..subbie all the work on to mcs companys, they do their own telcan and look for victims with cash make the appointment, do the pressure selling, price drops and saps calcs are out of this world...not forgetting the 360 money back offer...

If that is what is happening then the MCS 'subbies' are breaking the MCS rules and could/should be struck off.

On a more positive note though they are good for business. We've had 2 of their jobs recently. They are quoting 18k for 4k of "German" panels but none of the customers had any paperwork or could tell me anything about what the inverters or panels were. Oh and nearly forgot the only install on Dansk's favourite type of roofs - elastic. Neither of the houses we visited could get anything like the number of panels on that they had been told they would get.

SRE it probably started at £24000 and if you sign on the day ...you get the super managers discount and as you said no paper work left...conmen..

apparently, according to a customer I spoke to today if you sign on the night the salesman waves his commission to cover your discount. Guess he must like working for nowt then!!

apparently, according to a customer I spoke to today if you sign on the night the salesman waves his commission to cover your discount. Guess he must like working for nowt then!!

£6000 is a lot to wave goodbye too...nice fella...bet his mum is proud...

most excellent!!

I tried to watch the original but vomitted half way though.
sticky keyboard, yuk!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm employed as a cnvasser by these company. Did research after joining because it seemed to good to be true. Swiss bank does not exist! people are getting scammed Its right what babba said if you doubtful you get managers super discount 30% so all is pressure to sign on night

Tesco sell pv no mcs, mcs know all about the SES scammers... go to the start of this thread and see the victims SES have ripped off ...There is no rules as to how much you can charge or real rules on price...because they are not with real they can do what they like they flaunt the law and as wistleblower says scary peopole...

The current MCS rules are pretty clear, even though they were only changed last December.

Whichever party that is involved in an install that is MCS certified must be the party who enters into a contract with the customer and must ensure that everyone else who is involved in the deal conforms to REAL code of practice.

A contract for the sale and installation of a system shall be entered into only between an MCS certified Company and a Customer. An MCS certified Company may carry out work under subcontract to another MCS certified Company in which case clause 10 must be satisfied. If the MCS certified Company obtains sales leads from any third party, the Company must require that the third party complies with all the relevant requirements of the MCS standards and Consumer Code. The Company will be responsible for any non-compliance.

MCS001 - Appendix A clause 8.

Whoever is carrying out the MCS part of the work for these people is putting their neck on the block.

exactly, so you don't need MCS to sell the PV, but the company doing the contract must be and the company doing the sales must abide by the MCS standard, so there is nothing per se that stops a company taking third part leads from a non MCS company but, as Ted says, your sticking your neck out because your saying they also abide by all parts of the code, which many clearly do not.
Does it matter? Probably not, MCS is a toothless lion.

It seems to be the real code of conduct these people are flaunting, price drops, preasure selling etc. The MCS is only on the Quality of install.

Cant see the police doing to much, I know they are being looked at and investigated but I dont know how far it has gone at the moment...just keep an eye on things and find out there new name that would be the best thing to do right now..

The police like to be handed things on a plate not go looking for them.. try them if you like but i know they are being looked at from a different angle if you pm me your phone number i can pass it on to the people who are looking at them and they wont give it to any one you dont even have to give them your right name...but if you want to contact the police do it that way but i would wait and find out the info on the new company and then leave..

Thing i say to much here now do i do write or not maybe i and wife and children in peril now dont know who i trust or who bad
i should keep mouth shut and not come back
bie

Crikey are these guys really this scary? Sounds like Whistleblower is in a world of poo just now.
Mate, there are people out there who will listen to you and can help. Like Babba said maybe the police are not the ones to talk to until some other organisations have done a bit of digging but don't go away. I'd guess that everyone on this thread can be trusted by you because they want to clean up the industry.
Good luck mate

Crikey are these guys really this scary? Sounds like Whistleblower is in a world of poo just now.
Mate, there are people out there who will listen to you and can help. Like Babba said maybe the police are not the ones to talk to until some other organisations have done a bit of digging but don't go away. I'd guess that everyone on this thread can be trusted by you because they want to clean up the industry.
Good luck mate

Ye thanks for that they are being looked at I was approached because of a thread on another website and i know about their history, so I can point him in the right direction...I dont like people who rip old people off and would gladly help him...

Hi,
folks i can update more on this company.

Solar energy savings have a sister company called pvsolardirect. they come in and price drop behind ses. both of these companys sell on the day. no rea or mcs but they own the install company how they are getting round the rules ?
They are selling 200 watt panels and they will give you a pay back of 2280 first year fit and elec. savings cause there panels are 98% efficient and the bestest power one inverter on the planet according to ther sales rep.
all your money back from the 360 rewards scheme in 5 years. Underwritten by capital suisse registered in belise .co.uk web site ? oh and a 25 year unconditional guarantee on everything now thats a bargain for 20k for a 4 kw system aint it.

wiggly

Reply to Get your installation price back? Scam or genuine business model? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net