Discuss Help Identifying Plug/Terminal in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey guys

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify this terminal, its on an old microscopic appliance that Ive inherited

i cant test or turn it on without working out what cable/terminal it needs, ive searched the internet and cant find anything clear and obvious

There are many 3 pin ones i found but not with the gaps in the pins and they were much larger

ive encountered similar devices before but it was wired straight into the appliance like most

What is pictured is the terminal the side of the appliance.

Id really appreciate it if anyone can help!

Cheers
IMG_9193.jpeg

Yep, screams Bulgin to me, too

Reactions: DPG
ah brilliant!

i couldn't find ones the ends matched up or compared well enough but that is definitely it side by side.

Thank you so much!

As above, definitely Bulgin. Used on loads of stuff years ago, and also on the output side of Weller soldering iron transformers until comparatively recently.

The modern IEC type connector is much jch more practical and robust.

The modern IEC type connector is much jch more practical and robust.
Unless you happen to be the one having to wire the fiddly things!!! They're only practical when pre-moulded

Unless you happen to be the one having to wire the fiddly things!!! They're only practical when pre-moulded

True, some of them can be worse than others as well.

True, some of them can be worse than others as well.
Biggest gripe is that it's rare to find one where the internal moulding is wide enough to fit even a small round crimp onto the terminal but the screw is too narrow to grip onto a forked, so it's bodge it time whether you want to or not.

Reply to Help Identifying Plug/Terminal in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net