Discuss Hoover tripping the electrics in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

steveohim

Our Hoover has started tripping the electrics, I've tried it on a different socket and changed the fuse etc but I'd doesn't make a difference, it was fine the last time I used it.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Impossible to answer, could be any number of reasons. Try another hoover,if nothing trips then it's your hoover at fault.

It's definitely the Hoover I've tried it at 2 different sockets

It's definitely the Hoover I've tried it at 2 different sockets

Buy another hoover then....actually,no...buy a Miele, vastly superior. Just don't buy one of those dreadful Dyson thingies, the biggest con in history. How that fella's managed to persuade millions of people to part with billions of pounds for a pile of junk is genius.

Hum.... I've seen this before and the fault was in the lighting circuit (single up front RCD)

What is tripping?

buy a henry.

The main switchboard is tripping

If it is a single RCD covering a number of circuits then as already stated a fault on another circuit may cause tripping when a load is applied to any other circuit. As I already stated try another hoover,borrow a neighbours or whatever and see if you get the same result. Given that most of todays 'hoovers' are class 11 with no earth then a fault on the appliance itself would not normally trip an RCD.

It's a dead Hoover, it's deceased no longer functional it's finished dead knackered get a new one

dead my arse. send it here. i'll have it stripped and rebuilt in under an hour.

I've relocated this to the DIY forum. Please stay on topic everyone, thanks.

It turns out it not the Hoover, the kettle also trips the electric out, it seems anything with a 13amp fuse does it

We have one coming round tomorrow but I can't see how it could just happen out the blue

Reply to Hoover tripping the electrics in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net