Discuss How you ever seen anything so horrible in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta add some circuits to this TPN,who ever did this taped the cabling to each other,& so this mess appeared.
its gonna be a real tight fit to add other circuits & is only the best way into it.
I remember when I was a lad,thinking I was helping a spark, by taping 3p/n/e,in trunking together,I trying to keep things tidy,bad mistake,slap across the ear,was the best cure.
25A22049-9013-4870-B71D-CAE332C4A6CC.jpeg

Are they taped joints, or just conductors taped together.?
Re read your post cabling taped together.
[automerge]1587668335[/automerge]
Are they taped joints, or just conductors taped together.?
Re read your post cabling taped together.
Is a bit of a mess.

Last edited:
Agree what a terrible board.
If you want to get really fancy, you can fit Crabtree breakers in to it back to front.

There is a few of them in our place with a mixture of proteus breakers flicked on in one direction and Crabtree breakers flicked on in the other direction.

It's a great laugh when the fitters go to reset a breaker after they trip it with the grinder.

Isn't it odd those TPN boards are poor but the REC isolators Proteus make are far superior to the Wylex one.

What sort of factory is that from Cliffed ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to How you ever seen anything so horrible in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, DIYer and first time poster here. Recently bought a house built in 1925, and am gradually working through adding and replacing the wiring...
Replies
Views
R
21st Feb 2014 Today I had one of the weirdest faults I’ve ever come across. My conclusion to some may sound bizarre but from what I can see...
Replies
Views
Robospark
R
So about two months ago now, I got a call from a customer asking if I could do a few bits, "of course" I said. She asked for a rough price to...
Replies
Views
E
I think I've Posted this before, but I've just updated it. Some of the sparks where I work still get a little confused of what the different areas...
Replies
Views
E
Back In the Old Days.............!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE 1940's, 50's, 60's and even the very early 70's...
Replies
Views
Robinwood
R

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock