Discuss is £40 callout charge too cheap for domestic house holder?? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

egginyourface

the new year is here and every thing is going up in price. are you all putting your prices up to??

ive been charging people £40 for the first half hour then 20-30ph after that.

i get good bit of work charging like his but have the feeling call out is on the cheap side.

recently people have been complaining its expensive...

what do the 1 man band sparks out there charge for a call out?

I've worked for a firm in west london at £75 first hour and £60 per hour thereafter.

Working on my todd I would charge about £60 then £45-50 per hour.

I base it on distance but don't include that in my charge. £60 for the first hour £75 for 2-4 hours n full days wage for 4-8 hours. But if I only have to travel couple of minutes down the road and there for next to no time than I play it by ear. £40 sounds alright.

£40 is my usual call-out charge up to 10 miles, but i am in a rural situation, hardly any traffic hold-ups. seems a bit cheap for london.

I'm south west London £55 for the first hour £25 for every subsequent hour, then after 4 hours it turns into a day rate of £200 as by that point in the job I will probably be there the rest of the day or it'll be to far gone in the day to go elsewhere. This is for the suburbs the centre of town is a whole different ball game.

Last edited by a moderator:
im planning on a revise this year and as such will be charing for callout at a rate of £50000 for first hour i expect to be retired by january the 15th although this may go over slightly due to the current climate.

ive only been trading on my jacks for a few months now and get about 2-3 calls a day for easy call- outs. feel if i upped charge would lose work.

whats been your experiences with this

perhaps stick to the £40 for easy ones but add £10 if you have to think a bit or get dirty

Most of my call outs are for friends or people who are down on their luck,oaps or disabled etc
Its usually a thank you rate, with a cheap install or rectification if theres anything needed doing later
Its a downside of recomended clients who I have done work for and a very,very very, social community

£ 40 an hour is buisness rates and if I charged that amount,the good people would think they are being serviced by British gas not a perpetually poor spark :)

You really have to weigh up the sales pitch of the British Gas and to a lesser extent Mr Electric. Human nature always thinks that a tenner a month is far cheaper than a call out which could be 50 pound and hours after.

As a one man band 40 pounds in this day and age is quite fair and if it's getting you 2-3 calls a day then your not doing that bad really. I would leave well alone, do a good honest job and referrals would flood in.

Reply to is £40 callout charge too cheap for domestic house holder?? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net