Discuss Latest Batches of Panels down in price in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

garryh1.11

How far will we see the price of panels drop to make the new tarrif worth while?
Who is cheapest for Canadian Solar and Suntech at the moment has anyone come across any good new deals??

How far will we see the price of panels drop to make the new tarrif worth while?
Who is cheapest for Canadian Solar and Suntech at the moment has anyone come across any good new deals??

I think most people are out there looking for work not buying panels at the moment

A little pessimistic. Those looking for work aren't the ones buying the panels at the moment..... I can't see them dropping as dramatically as before Xmas!

I think the new tariff is already worthwhile with the current prices, but it's taking time for investors to do much about it. Those who didn't manage to get their PV installed before the 3rd are not in a hurry and most can afford to wait to see if prices drop any further. They probably won't drop much more unless manufacturers become desperate to the point they start dumping modules...
The other question is how much can we reduce the installation cost? My view is: not very much at all, especially if we work at this slow rate.

I hand delivered a quote to a pc that came via recommendation yesterday only to be told that they intend to wait until prices drop further :( can install prices drop much lower and still make sense with the intended drop in the fit too. The quote I dropped off was for an 2.88KWP Bosch system with Power one inverter for £6120.00p including.

Not a chance and I did explain that to them but they're convinced that prices have a long way to drop yet and it would be better to wait.

I've decided we're definitely out at 16.5p and may yet be out at 21p.

Please tell DECC in the consultation. In my opinion We need 21.5 + 1.5p export or a combination thereof until March 2013. It is easy to forget how far we have been shafted already and how large the cuts already are. Apologies for slight hijacking of thread

I hand delivered a quote to a pc that came via recommendation yesterday only to be told that they intend to wait until prices drop further :( can install prices drop much lower and still make sense with the intended drop in the fit too. The quote I dropped off was for an 2.88KWP Bosch system with Power one inverter for £6120.00p including.

Thats a cheap quote people who sit on the fence for that price are daft...Will they pass an EPC with out doing extra work...

People seem to forget that panel price is not proportional to installation price. The lower panel prices drop the less installation prices drop in response, as a bigger proportion of the price is made up of the fixed costs, like surveys, scaffolding and labour etc. I reckon the cost of installation curve is not far off flat-lining.

I know the feeling, had nothing but rubbish leads this week, seem to be getting the dreegs of crap left over from the 3 march looking forward to april...NOT..

Hi, I'm one of the nutters, I've been interested in PV for ~15 years and back then did a fair old amount of research into how to get into it - this is starting as a non electrician. Of course this was before Part P and the whole Domestic Installation. Couldn't really see a way of doing it then, no savings etc, so instead I teacher trained and became a science teacher. A couple of years ago I changed tack, having kept up with PV news and soon after the FITs started went into supply teaching instead so I could go to college, get my 17th edition etc. This (with a 2392 as well and a solar pv course, manual handling, working at heights etc). I feel as shafted as many of you, I've spent well over a year training, thousands buying kit, insurance and scheme registration all for nothing? Mind you I've done my first install finally, feel pleased as punch and one or two non-conformities notwithstanding should get my customer the 21p pre EPC cutoff.

Sorry about the moan, just saying that the MCS registration was just the last thing in a long line of steps to get into PV, and having done all the others I felt as if I may as well finish the job off. I'm not making any grand plans for the future though!

Dont blame you having a moan thats what nutters do..lol..the market place is so tight at the moment and can only see it getting worse..the bright side is you have something to fall back on... 21p is not the end of the world but couple that with EPC doesn't help
Good luck on your new adventure..

Reply to Latest Batches of Panels down in price in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net