Discuss Leaving renewables for the time being. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is from the segen web site
SEGEN IS CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING A HIGHER THAN USUAL VOLUME OF ORDERS. TO ENSURE YOUR ORDER IS DISPATCHED WHEN YOU WANT IT, PLEASE PLACE ORDERS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE AND ARRANGE PROMPT PAYMENT.
some installers are still busy
preemptive warning IMO in anticipation of a last minute rush - they didn't seem particularly busy when processing our orders last week.

or possibly a customer response to supply price increases? (i'm sure I read a comment on a thread recently here to back this up but I can only find a reference to footfall in a woodburnng stove shop with a quick search)

Wholesaler is telling me they are very quiet, this is with a tarriff reduction in a short while. December and January have always been quiet, so its looking more than a little bleak at present. Next year it may pick upin second quarter, if you can hang on that long, and arent dependent on PV or renewables alone.

Just glad I dident throw money at technologies relying on the RHI or green deal, need as much reserves as possible at the moment, poor government policy and a reccesion equals perfect storm.

This is from the segen web site
SEGEN IS CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING A HIGHER THAN USUAL VOLUME OF ORDERS. TO ENSURE YOUR ORDER IS DISPATCHED WHEN YOU WANT IT, PLEASE PLACE ORDERS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE AND ARRANGE PROMPT PAYMENT.
some installers are still busy

That why the price of yingli 250w panes has come down by £5 over the weekend then lol.

Hopefully I hope that some installers are busy - we aren't and have been advertising!

I dont see any point in advertising at the moment to be honest, there are only a few hundred installs being done each week, that is a small pie, to get a slice you would never compete with the advertisiing budget of the big boys.

Its word of mouth and other income streams, ie house bashing for me. Give Joe public a chance to digest electricity prices, the market will return eventually, solar makes more financial sense day by day.

Absolutely Sedgy you hav to do what you can to survive, I just dont think its wise throwing resources at solar when there is such low demand at the moment, just my opinion.

also, with the margins being so tight unless you can stack em high sell em cheap in sizeable volumes then the budget just isn't there.

If your going to spend money on marketing there's got to be margin there to pay for it

unless you can stack em high sell em cheap in sizeable volumes then the budget just isn't there.

even doing that leaves you with no contingency and potentially big liabilities if anything goes wrong. Not for me I'm afraid and marketing is a no,no until Feb for me.

We ran an advert most of last week in the free newspapers ( Advertisers) . It was headed " Are you worried abour Rising Energy Costs ?".
It went on to promote solar technologies.
It cost us £1200 to cover Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Dorchester, Purbecks, Wimborne.

By last Thursday we had sold four PV systems and two thermal systems.
We sold another two PV over the weekend.
We sold one yesterday and one this morning.
We still have nine surveys to go this week .

If you take the £1200 outlay and divide up between the 12 orders we are getting leads at £100 each. (assuming we sell no more).
Compared to lead sales companies this figure is high but they are only ours.

As these free papers hang around for weeks we may get lots more interest.

We no longer sell on the feed in tariff and focus purely on the energy saving.
A £6000 four kW solar PV system pays for itself in fifteen years in energy savings alone, based on current rates.
There is a 9% rise coming and the EST claim energy prices double every seven years.
We then tell them about the FIT payments, tax free and index linked, and refer to it as a bonus.

The energy price increases were a sales opportunity .................

We ran an advert most of last week in the free newspapers ( Advertisers) . It was headed " Are you worried abour Rising Energy Costs ?".
It went on to promote solar technologies.
It cost us £1200 to cover Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Dorchester, Purbecks, Wimborne.

By last Thursday we had sold four PV systems and two thermal systems.
We sold another two PV over the weekend.
We sold one yesterday and one this morning.
We still have nine surveys to go this week .

If you take the £1200 outlay and divide up between the 12 orders we are getting leads at £100 each. (assuming we sell no more).
Compared to lead sales companies this figure is high but they are only ours.

As these free papers hang around for weeks we may get lots more interest.

We no longer sell on the feed in tariff and focus purely on the energy saving.
A £6000 four kW solar PV system pays for itself in fifteen years in energy savings alone, based on current rates.
There is a 9% rise coming and the EST claim energy prices double every seven years.
We then tell them about the FIT payments, tax free and index linked, and refer to it as a bonus.

The energy price increases were a sales opportunity .................

That's brilliant. Its what I've been saying to people for a while, it costs 50% of what it did last year you'll protect yourself from rising energy bills and on top of this you'll get a nice income from the Feed in Tariff and export payments

Not only that you're actually better off than your mate on 43.3p becasue you've got all that extra money that he spent still in your bank. :)
Because of this:
1) It is a better investment now than it was last year
2) A lot more people can afford it.

Paradigm shift

Reply to Leaving renewables for the time being. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net