• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss LED flood straight off ring?? C2 or C3?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

snipersmith87

Regular EF Member
Carrying out a EICR. Stumbled on 2 x portacabins. Testing the ring in bottom portacab to find an SY 2.5mm has been spurred off the dado sockets, exits the bottom cab clipped externally upto the top of the top cab and supplies an LED flood. Automatically i thought its wrong. No spur. But im now thinking C3. Its a fixed load. It supplies 1 x light on the top of a high level portacabin. What are peoples thoughts? Obviously Zs commplying. The DB is inside the cab for local isolation.

buzzlightyear

please let me back in to the prison cell.
Electrician's Arms
Carrying out a EICR. Stumbled on 2 x portacabins. Testing the ring in bottom portacab to find an SY 2.5mm has been spurred off the dado sockets, exits the bottom cab clipped externally upto the top of the top cab and supplies an LED flood. Automatically i thought its wrong. No spur. But im now thinking C3. Its a fixed load. It supplies 1 x light on the top of a high level portacabin. What are peoples thoughts? Obviously Zs commplying. The DB is inside the cab for local isolation.
The fuse is to protect the cable. If its a fixed load theres no chance of overload to the cable. The ocpd in db will supply fault protection. Additional RCD too.
it is your judgment to say c2 or c3 you the one that signs the test certs .

gazdkw82

Trainee
Trainee Access
now let me think about that, 3amps or higher amps ,you choose.
Sarcasm on high today?

It was genuine question.

Plus I still don't see how that makes it dangerous. It's not ideal and requires improvement but I wouldn't consider it dangerous. Unless you can explain it to me (sarcasm omitted)

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.